Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other car is a Mustang GT. There is a large variety of CAI and custom tune vendors for that car that claim 20 HP etc. I don't see that for the Infiniti/Nissan 3.7 V6. Is it not as effective? Anybody do this?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
From what I remember, Platinumv37 mentioned that the Q50 doesnt have proper spacing to put in a CAI but someone on instagram made a SRI for it already!

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Standard intakes on these motors make very little power (maybe 5 whp). We have been looking into making an intake similar to our Gen 3 Intake (Developed for the G37 and 370Z). This intake made huge power on those platforms but the front end of the Q50 is a little different so we have to redevelop an intake that will make the same kind of power.

UpRev is working on tunes for the Q50 I believe.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Standard intakes on these motors make very little power (maybe 5 whp). We have been looking into making an intake similar to our Gen 3 Intake (Developed for the G37 and 370Z). This intake made huge power on those platforms but the front end of the Q50 is a little different so we have to redevelop an intake that will make the same kind of power.

UpRev is working on tunes for the Q50 I believe.

Good job man! Bring us more products! Any word on the rear diffuser? A lot of us are eagerly awaiting! I hope u guys make one soon now that sema is already out of the way! :D

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Yeah, SEMA took up a lot of our time and put a lot of projects on the sideline for a little while. We are still working on the rear diffuser (we are getting another Q50 in for testing and product development) and will be working on an intake. The exhaust system should be released this week (no promises). The lip is finished but we need to finish the mold and do a test run to ensure proper fitment and quality. I will keep everyone posted but don't want to put too much information out without pictures and pricing details. We all know what happened the last time I did that :(

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yeah, SEMA took up a lot of our time and put a lot of projects on the sideline for a little while. We are still working on the rear diffuser (we are getting another Q50 in for testing and product development) and will be working on an intake. The exhaust system should be released this week (no promises). The lip is finished but we need to finish the mold and do a test run to ensure proper fitment and quality. I will keep everyone posted but don't want to put too much information out without pictures and pricing details. We all know what happened the last time I did that :(
Its all good man! Keep the products coming! Might look into that lip! Is it more like a splitter or an actual front lip?

Well I really hope u release a rear diffuser soon! I'll sure be there in a flash once u release it! Haha! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
We actually made a rear diffuser for the Q50 when we had it in at first. We didn't like the first design we did so we scrapped it and didn't have time to design a 2nd one. It will be a priority when our next Q50 comes in though like I said :)
Would you be able to show us what it looks like?
I'd also like to know if it's something that attaches onto the bumper? because i was thinking making it a one piece with the bumper might be better and sell it like that

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Would you be able to show us what it looks like?
I'd also like to know if it's something that attaches onto the bumper? because i was thinking making it a one piece with the bumper might be better and sell it like that
U mean a full rear bumper? I would pass on that if that would be the case! Its such a hasself taking off the full rear bumper and hard color matching! Also it wont be the same quality as factory paint so I would be good with something u can use double sided tape to attach to the rear bumper!

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
It would be a separate piece (not a full bumper). We junked the one we mocked up the first time and don't have any pictures. It would mount similarly to the STILLEN Maxima rear diffuser if we were to make one. We will try out a few designs and will probably post pictures for feedback before going into production with it. I cannot give you a timeline on that at this point, but will keep everyone posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.