Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You need someone with a wiring diagram. I'd guess that no regular Infiniti mechanic would advise on this, due to liability. You might have good luck going to an alarm installer.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Could you take power off the power seats and hook up a cigarette lighter socket to it? Those have constant power.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
flux capacitors would not work because the car is not made our of stainless steel... ;)
The work around is that the stainless can be simulated by cleaning exactly 88% of the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know on my old car I had a amplifier and 2 subs put in. To power that amplifier they used a cord that attaches straight to the battery, you could use one of those cords and look for a 12 volt plug to make it look much nicer for the inside of your car. I'm sure you could run that cord somehow into the front under the carpet and what not.

Why 12 volts though?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,175 Posts
Yep you can jump a fuse. You just need a fuse that has constant power, I would also use an in line fuse wire as my jump wire. Get a test light and start looking for fuses that have constant power.
Fuse #17 [(BAT-2) Elec Parts] is a 5A fuse that is always energized. I use an Add a Circuit fuse holder plugged into the Fuse #17 socket to power my dashcam so the Parking Mode can operate while the car is turned off.

Fuse #17 is located in the fuse block located in the driver's side footwell. It is the third fuse from the bottom in the far right column of fuses.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,175 Posts
You can always try finding an OBD2 power adapter cable to Micro USB or Mini USB, which ever fits your needs.

Except if he has or wants a JB4.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.