Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I bought a non sport due to the ride / seats working better for me. One thing I do miss from the sport is the paddle shifters. Anyone thought about (or care about) adding them to a non sport? I would think the paddles simply press switches but wonder if the wiring harness is the same between sport / non sport.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you can give me a couple of hours I find out if the harness are there. I been considering adding then to my car to but may be push back do to my back bumper damage.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can give me a couple of hours I find out if the harness are there. I been considering adding then to my car to but may be push back do to my back bumper damage.

Aloha Hawaii_Boy_808..Thanks and I'm interested to see what you come up with.. BTW I work in Hawaii a bit (Oahu mostly) so i like your signature..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aloha Hawaii_Boy_808..Thanks and I'm interested to see what you come up with.. BTW I work in Hawaii a bit (Oahu mostly) so i like your signature..
It seems like it takes more them a couple of screws to get to the wire harness so I got to dig into the service manual to find out how to get to it.

My tag was a old one that I been using for 15 years glad you like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So after disassemble of the steering wheel it turns out I could not find any wire harness. I did learn something, if you did want to install OEM paddle shifters you don't need to take apart the steering wheel. Next stop is hunting under the steering column for them. Pictures of the disassemble will follow soon.

Update: So after looking at the Service manual it seems like the connector is some where around combination meter. Going to have to dip deeper then I thought. Should be fun fun.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So after disassemble of the steering wheel it turns out I could not find any wire harness. I did learn something, if you did want to install OEM paddle shifters you don't need to take apart the steering wheel. Next stop is hunting under the steering column for them. Pictures of the disassemble will follow soon.

Update: So after looking at the Service manual it seems like the connector is some where around combination meter. Going to have to dip deeper then I thought. Should be fun fun.

Hey Hawaii_Boy_808 - Before digging too far into your steering column, look at post 3. It looks like Infiniti of Riverside has already confirmed that paddle shifters can be added to non-sport Q's.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/engine-technical-discussion/10842-paddle-shifters-non-sport-trim.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Hawaii_Boy_808 - Before digging too far into your steering column, look at post 3. It looks like Infiniti of Riverside has already confirmed that paddle shifters can be added to non-sport Q's.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/engine-technical-discussion/10842-paddle-shifters-non-sport-trim.html
Yes I did see this but i do intend on putting on some paddles once the government pays me some cash. So I still need to find them anyhow. Did not get time today for the search but might be able to tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If its anything like the G37 which I'm sure it is, the paddle shifters will be easy to retrofit, the plug should be there, you just need to get a new steering column plastics and the paddle shifters themselves. Pretty straight forward install.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yes I did see this but i do intend on putting on some paddles once the government pays me some cash. So I still need to find them anyhow. Did not get time today for the search but might be able to tomorrow.

Great news! I wonder if the DIY's for the G37 are applicable??

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
folsom - did you ever install the paddles?
Not yet.. I did a quick attempt at taking the covers off to verify the cables are there BUT i didnt see how to get the top / bottom covers apart easily to get to the important stuff.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone installed paddle shifters yet on the Non Sport? I did a quick exploratory attempt and stopped at the plastic covers where the wheel meets the column since I couldn't see how to really get them apart without trashing them.

·
Registered
478 Posts
They are possible to put on and I think they are $300 from the factory if you go through a dealership (confirmation from anyone?). One of our techs actually did this for my coworkers customer not too long ago. Hawaii_Boy_808 is correct about the wiring harness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.