Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see how bad the delay is for the in-touch display. More out of curiosity than anything.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
It probably depends on what software version you are running but check @ Q50Aggies threads! He should have one! I have a thread with a vid too but Aggies vid is longer and goes through more stuff in the intouch system!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Thanks Q50Aggie, can you tell us how did you embed the video?
Hah, I keep trying to post the link, but it just embeds the video! LOL

The YouTube video link has to be "clean", persay. You have to remove all that junk at the end of the link after the watch?=xxxxxxxxx part. Everything starting at the ampersand & needs to be removed for it to be automatically embedded. Like this...I had to add some spaces so it would stop embedding it, but you have to post YouTube links like that (without the spaces, of course) and it will automatically embed.
htt p://w ww.youtu be.com/wat ch?v=PVecYc3Lcis

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Here you go, this show give you some idea of the Intouch speed.
Mine only got the September update. I have not done the latest 1.9 update yet.

Intouch speed - YouTube

How do you guy embedded the video instead of just showing the link?
From what u posted, iI just had to take off "&feature=youtu.be"

Usually I just get the desktop link so I usually search vids on youtube, through my phone(android), on desktop view and when I see it just hold link and copy url!

Hope that helps! :D

Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne

·
Registered
140 Posts
Definitely an improvement...

The response demonstrated in that video is a definite improvement over the response time I'm seeing on my inTouch that's still sitting at .0463.

I'm definitely scheduling a trip to the dealer to get this latest update done.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The video seems good. I mean this guy was really putting it through its paces. Doesn't seem to have the fluidity that an Apple device has but there really was no delay as the poster was hitting buttons. I didn't really have a problem with my Q50 loaner but I did notice a few times that the volume was slow to react. I have no idea what version the software was.

So...In Touch freezes are one thing...although are they disappearing with the latest software (the board seems to be quiet about it).

The speed of the system seems plenty fast.

Lesson learned to Nissan hopefully (but corporations never learn). 1. Oversize your processors, test the heck out of your code and beta test with real world people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.