Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't expect much from Car and Driver's first detailed review, but the current issue literally pans the Q50 in 90% in what it says. Most of the article goes on and on about the car being an electrified monstrosity, with practically no driving enjoyment. The author even criticized the lack of a torque converter! What they did praise came across like a true left-handed compliment. I'm sure that down the road, when they do a comparison with the others in the class, it's a foregone conclusion that the Q50 will be dead last.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I didn't expect much from Car and Driver's first detailed review, but the current issue literally pans the Q50 in 90% in what it says. Most of the article goes on and on about the car being an electrified monstrosity, with practically no driving enjoyment. The author even criticized the lack of a torque converter! What they did praise came across like a true left-handed compliment. I'm sure that down the road, when they do a comparison with the others in the class, it's a foregone conclusion that the Q50 will be dead last.
I think it's safe to say that at least as far as professional reviews go, the Q50 is a complete flop. I can't think of a single review from a major automobile publication that was "positive." I personally love the car myself but I wonder what it will do for sales and brand perception.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that these "journalists" take delivery of their cars and refuse to get any sort of orientation/delivery from anyone. Even a half-assed salesperson should be able to do sufficient orientation that a driver can understand the various settings and features to appreciate this car. But without that orientation, plus an idiot who thinks he knows so much about cars that he shouldn't read the manual, you're bound to get stupidity in written form when people 'review' this car.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
The reviewers are criticizing more than the steering. I think the tires are an issue also and no matter how many times you read the manual, the tires won't get better. Plus, in the C&D article they clearly did try out the various settings. They can't do a full road test with every combination. My high school algebra is a distant memory but I think that if there are 3 steering speed setting and 3 assist levels that would be nine road tests. Feel free to correct my math. I am not absolutely sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Actually C&D review is the only one I remember that complained about tires. Most of the negative reviews do focus on DAS. When I test drove the car I did not like it either so I will get my car without DAS. Aside from that reviews are split about 50/50 when it comes to generally being positive/negative. But let's be honest here - it's pretty bad if you only get 50/50 split after(!) ignoring something everyone dislikes (DAS).

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Actually C&D review is the only one I remember that complained about tires. Most of the negative reviews do focus on DAS. When I test drove the car I did not like it either so I will get my car without DAS. Aside from that reviews are split about 50/50 when it comes to generally being positive/negative. But let's be honest here - it's pretty bad if you only get 50/50 split after(!) ignoring something everyone dislikes (DAS).
I like it. So not everyone dislikes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If Infiniti just dropped the car at C&D's (or any other reviewer's) door without any PR person explaining its various setup options, they have only themselves to blame for the negative reviews. That said, I hate the DAS and yes I tried all the possible settings.

·
Registered
77 Posts
so pretty much the big downside is the tires and the DAS... besides from not I dont think the reviews are bad at all..

ill just not get the DAS and ill put on aftermarket wheels n tires lol
perhaps they will make DAS a stand along option in the future (though this isn't as Infiniti does). as far as i can tell, you can't skip it if you want the things available on the deluxe touring or tech packages.

·
Registered
137 Posts
perhaps they will make DAS a stand along option in the future (though this isn't as Infiniti does). as far as i can tell, you can't skip it if you want the things available on the deluxe touring or tech packages.
I hope you are right and Infiniti at least uncouples the DAS from the deluxe touring package. It's really only the DAS and the tires that get complaints. It would also be nice to get regular tires when you get the spare tire package. Why saddle the car with run flats when you have a spare and the run flats are more expensive? It would lower the price and make a better vehicle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.