Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the car yesterday it was fine. Got in it this morning and now the steering is pulling to the left. Tried everything to fix it including turning off the car, changing the steering set up and user profile as well with no luck. Called the service department and they asked if the tire is low or did I hit something. Said he has never heard of this before and to bring it in to check the alignment. :( I have heard of it before on this forum but for the life of me I can't find the post. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Subject: SB 2014 Q50; Steering Pull and Steering Wheel Off-center at PDI
Summary of ITB13029:
SERVICE INFORMATION: During the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) test drive, you may experience the following conditions: - While driving straight the steering wheel is off-center, and - While driving straight, if you relax your grip on the steering wheel, the steering wheel will return to center and the vehicle will pull, as if making a turn. The above condition indicates that the Direct Adaptive Steering (DAST) needs to be trained (recalibrated). NOTE: Do not perform a wheel alignment for a steering wheel off-center or pull condition at PDI. See this bulletin for further detail.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I thought mine was pulling to the left a month ago with my Q50. I took it to the dealer and have them check. They say an Infiniti engineer will have to come and check it out since it is a new car. So, the next day I came and pick up my car and they told me nothing is wrong with my car. But, I do notice my car doesn't seem to pull to the left anymore since than. Also, I had my car do the software update that day, I wonder if that fixed it. So, might as well take your Q50 in to have them check and do the latest software update at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Dealer can sort this out. I don't recall the process (where's Stevethetech?). I think it was something like turn wheel lock to lock a few times and will sort itself out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.