Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I learned from a different thread you can't remember the sport mode etc. But can you start up with the same app instead of the menu? For example why would anyone use the clock app if every time you start the car you have to wait for everything to start up and then navigate to it etc

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The Nav screen seems to remember what I have loaded I think.
I use the split screen for half NAV and the other half showing my fuel economy.

I'm not sure about the bottom screen.
It looks to me like it just comes up on default and you set it to what you want.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm talking about the bottom screen.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Those who have been on the forum for a long while know about my technology "knowledge," but here goes: When you boot up your desktop, or laptop, or tablet, etc., does it go to the last site you were on or does it default to the home page(or whatever you want to call it)? I assume that's your answer to the "problem."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Those who have been on the forum for a long while know about my technology "knowledge," but here goes: When you boot up your desktop, or laptop, or tablet, etc., does it go to the last site you were on or does it default to the home page(or whatever you want to call it)? I assume that's your answer to the "problem."
Actually it does go back to the last screen on all of the portable devices all the time and on my computers it does if I suspended or hibernated it.

I understand why the engineers wouldn't want the system to just hibernate and resume all the time because of possibly less reliability if the system isn't 100% stable but a reasonable compromise would be to hibernate and resume most of the time for speed and convenience and just have some schedule so it reboots periodically. Then you'd just have to sit through the longer startup periodically.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair point, but my rebuttal is this:

My desktop and iOS devices are all faster than the apps on this. Those things are pretty painfully slow. So no, they don't all default if they are completely turned off, but they also don't take long to start up.

Also, my iTunes on my computer doesn't start up and continue playing the last song, but my inTouch DOES when it connects to my BT on my phone. So if they can default to starting back up the song, they should be able to start up the app.

Seriously what's the point of the clock app? It stupidly "buried" and I can't imagine doing that every time I start the car.

Reactions: justaf IREMAN

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
With the non nav top screen it won't remember your app?
I confirmed this moning when I was out running errands.
With the Nav if you split the screen to have one of the info mods display in part of the NAV screen, it comes up that way.

It still does appear like the bottom screen just comes up in it's default state.

I rented a Toyata Carolla while on vacation between xmas and new years.
It's display screen behaved the same.
On start up it just went to a default screen similar to the Q50.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't care about the top screen whatsoever. Talking about the bottom screen ONLY.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
37 Posts
Not doable?

I agree with Matth3w, I'd like to be able to choose what app the car starts with. Whether it is the clock or anything else like audio or climate for example. I gather it is not doable since this thread was started in 2014. :( Right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.