Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an extra carbon fiber steering wheel that I no longer need. This wheel would have to be modified to fit your 2018 Q50 or Q60 but for the price it may be worth it for the mechanically inclined.

These go from $550 to $650 or higher but if someone wants to take chance at the modification it's yours for a $100.
OEM steering wheel is next to it for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Looks nice. I really like the red stripe. I wonder if the heated steering wheel option works, how hard it is to install, and mostly how it "feels" It's a bit larger in diameter to. Something to think about.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an extra carbon fiber steering wheel that I no longer need. This wheel would have to be modified to fit your 2018 Q50 or Q60 but for the price it may be worth it for the mechanically inclined.

These go from $550 to $650 or higher but if someone wants to take chance at the modification it's yours for a $100.
Its designed to fit 2014-2016s then? Or its designed for a diff car entirely?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Model year is changed at 2016. If it fits a 16 it should fit 16-18 and maybe even a 19, I would think.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It sure looks close enough. I put a 2010 Dodge Viper steering wheel in my 1998 Ram pickup without any issues, and this looks a lot closer to the same than that did. I'm also curious about the heated wheel option though...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Its designed to fit 2014-2016s then? Or its designed for a diff car entirely?
It's for 2018 Q50 or Q60s but should fit other years however the button layout is different. No heated steering wheel option since the wheel must be cut to put the new carbon-fiber pieces on. It has a beefier feel than the OEM wheel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If anyone is interested I can have a custom wheel for 2014 to 2016 q50s made and it would be guaranteed to fit because the donor steering wheel is based on my 2015 steering wheel.

My old custom wheel from my 2015 Q50s. The irony was that of all the mods on my old car that was my favorite.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,094 Posts
Panerai watches are pretty nice but a little too rich for my blood. I have a couple Omega watches though. A 1973 Speedmaster Moon watch and a 1999 Seamaster Professional tri-metal watch.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I love me some Omega S____masters. More Speed than Sea, but I don't discriminate either way. I'd love a PAN, but I'd be too scared to wear it.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Thread derailment!!

I have a couple Rolexes, a old submariner and an aviator, but have 2 ETA 2824-2 swiss movement watches I wear most all the time. A military Marathon with tritium green tubes, but with an orange one at 12. Also on the hands. Does not neet to be charged to glow. It's radioactive.

The other is an Invicta (looks like a Rolex) but has a solid SS links in the bracelet, and a view back so you can see the ETA movement. I absoluty LOVE that watch. All are chronograph adjusted for accuracy. I really like the ETA movement. Somthing about a "real" watch. I really like to see the inside.
http://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-2824-2/

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Thread derailment!!

I have a couple Rolexes, a old submariner and an aviator, but have 2 ETA 2824-2 swiss movement watches I wear most all the time. A military Marathon with tritium green tubes, but with an orange one at 12. Also on the hands. Does not neet to be charged to glow. It's radioactive.

The other is an Invicta (looks like a Rolex) but has a solid SS links in the bracelet, and a view back so you can see the ETA movement. I absoluty LOVE that watch. All are chronograph adjusted for accuracy. I really like the ETA movement. Somthing about a "real" watch. I really like to see the inside.
http://calibercorner.com/eta-caliber-2824-2/
Hey John are talking about the 8927 Invicta Pro Diver Collection, I gave her an Invicta for her Birthday, so she ordered me one for Father's day.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I'd have to check. But think so. Invicta changed to a SW movement a copy of the ETA. I got mine in around 2000 IIRC.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Panerai watches are pretty nice but a little too rich for my blood. I have a couple Omega watches though. A 1973 Speedmaster Moon watch and a 1999 Seamaster Professional tri-metal watch.
Panerai is not so bad as long as you buy pre-owned because "new" is too rich for my blood as well...lol.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The one(s) I lust after aren't any more affordable to me used lol. For that kind of money I'm not rolling dice, which means buying from sellers of a very specific sort of repute, which means paying a lot more than the deal you may get on ebay. Also: I have way too many Invictas.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not sure if we are still talking about steering wheels or not :) but my other car has a hard carbon fiber wheel like that and I hate it, Ill be switching it out. The top (non leather) part gets really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter, and my hands spend a lot of time at 10:00 - 12:00. Its also slippery unless youre wearing gloves and sweaty hands. I also found it annoying to go from leather to carbon to leather to carbon etc every time I drove it. I like a consistent feel of the wheel. My .02c

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure if we are still talking about steering wheels or not /forum/images/InfinitiQ50_org/smilies/tango_face_smile.png but my other car has a hard carbon fiber wheel like that and I hate it, Ill be switching it out. The top (non leather) part gets really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter, and my hands spend a lot of time at 10:00 - 12:00. Its also slippery unless youre wearing gloves and sweaty hands. I also found it annoying to go from leather to carbon to leather to carbon etc every time I drove it. I like a consistent feel of the wheel. My .02c
Luckily that has not been my experience but it sounds like a difference of preferences.

Also relating to the watch topic I would love to have a Hublot Big Bang. I've always thought the design called to me. Such a great watch and not as trite as a Rolex IMO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts