Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have referred to it many times for great info. I have been looking at the USB dongles that allow you to add Apple Carplay (or Android Auto) to your Android system. I have a 2014 Q50, and unfortunately Infinti has put a 2010 Android operating system in a 2014 car. My car has an Android 2.3, which has been long obsolete, and is no longer supported. Back in 2013, android 4.4 was released, which is what the InTouch system should have had. There are USB dongles out there that will give your system Apple Carplay and Android Auto, but they require a minimum of Android 4.0. Is it possible to upgrade the InTouch system from 2.3 to 4.0 or 4.4? Infiniti customer service has been useless. They have only released 2 apps in 4 years, and cannot tell me if any new apps are being worked on, or any upgrades. Most android apps require 4.4 to run, so you will die waiting for infinti to release any more for this sytem.

If anyone knows if upgrading your InTouch from 2.3 to 4.4 is possible or has done it, that would open up a lot of potential for the InTouch system for all of us.

I hope that can be done.
Brian

·
Registered
2014 Q50 S
7 Posts
Has anybody tried the CarlinKit Apple Carplay USB Dongle ? I am curious if it really works and its that easy. I just bought a 2014 Q50 Sport AWD last week and I am looking to possibly try this out. Any info would be a big help.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,811 Posts
Has anybody tried the CarlinKit Apple Carplay USB Dongle ? I am curious if it really works and its that easy. I just bought a 2014 Q50 Sport AWD last week and I am looking to possibly try this out. Any info would be a big help.

View attachment 96512
It appears to me that this dongle only converts a car audio system that already has Apple CarPlay from being wired to your phone via USB connector to wireless. Your 2014 Q50 does not have CarPlay so I don't think this will work for you.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 S
7 Posts
Ok. Thank you very much for the feedback. Hard to believe that a nice Infiniti like these don't have Carplay.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,811 Posts
Ok. Thank you very much for the feedback. Hard to believe that a nice Infiniti like these don't have Carplay.
They do if you buy a 2020 Q50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts