Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get the communities thoughts and input...

I'm having a tough time finding a good place to keep my cell phone in my 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium. Does anyone have suggestions for mount and/or placement options? I guess I could always get a 12V outlet adapter so I can prop the phone in a holder but are there any other suggestions out there for good placement? I still would like to use my phone in the car...not when I'm driving--calm down cellphone police--but just to be able to have it handy instead of just dropping it in the door panel or armrest storage while I'm in the car. There isn't a lot of real estate in the interior for placement as it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wondered about this for a while and tried several kinds of mounts. I settled on this vent clip mount from ebay. I hope a few people would share their setup as well...holds my iPhone 7 plus well. Easy access to emails, Siri, Spotify, GPS, Facebook, and infinitiq50.org.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wondered about this for a while and tried several kinds of mounts. I settled on this vent clip mount from ebay. I hope a few people would share their setup as well...
I scouted that spot as an option but thought it might be tucked a little too far behind the wheel to be functional. Does it work for you?

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's the cleanest spot I could find. Any lower and you'd be looking down on the phone and away from the road. This is about eye-level, a poor man's heads up display. Works really well I think. I do close that vent though to protect the phone from heat and/or cold.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Wondered about this for a while and tried several kinds of mounts. I settled on this vent clip mount from ebay. I hope a few people would share their setup as well...holds my iPhone 7 plus well. Easy access to emails, Siri, Spotify, GPS, Facebook, and infinitiq50.org.
I have a similar clip. Cheap, simple, works great. It works better on cars with vents that don't sit at angle like the Q50.

I got the cheap Bell and Howell ones from Amazonl. $8.50 for two. I figured even if it didn't work well it was worth trying it. I got them in April. I've had no problems with them.

Reactions: Nemesys

·
Registered
108 Posts

AND THIS

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know about anyone else but I'm having a tough time figuring out these pics. I do like the mount in the second pic though. Does it attach between the console seams?

·
Registered
71 Posts
iomounts & proclip...I'm pretty sure they're good because they're pricey. I got my vent clip for $3.50 on ebay.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes the mount clips on between the seam and clips over the padded side of the console. The IOauto screws on top of it. I will take a picture of mine tomorrow and post it here. I absolutely love this setup as the phone is magnetically attached to the iOAuto.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes the mount clips on between the seam and clips over the padded side of the console. The IOauto screws on top of it. I will take a picture of mine tomorrow and post it here. I absolutely love this setup as the phone is magnetically attached to the iOAuto.
Can't wait to see your setup...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here is my setup that is in my car. So you can see that the iOAuto is attached to the mount and my cellphone case has a disc that I put inside so that it will stick to the iOAuto. Trust me the magnet is plenty strong and the phone does not move at all. I also hid a phone cable underneath the console into the USB in the armrest. I hope this helps make your decision as to what to get easier.

Attachments

Reactions: Ocuriel

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here is my setup that is in my car. So you can see that the iOAuto is attached to the mount and my cellphone case has a disc that I put inside so that it will stick to the iOAuto. Trust me the magnet is plenty strong and the phone does not move at all. I also hid a phone cable underneath the console into the USB in the armrest. I hope this helps make your decision as to what to get easier.
:nerd:...how difficult was it to sneak a cable under the trim?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i use the proclipusa.com one, its amazing. scrape posted the pic of it already

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I have the Proclip mount and really like it. I attached a stalk to it so my phone sits up closer to eye level.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do you have a link for this one?

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have a Note 8 which is HUGE and man I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be to find a simple location. I ordered the ProClip Mount naked as my case is one with a card slot in it and it's just a few millimeters too thick to fit even their Otterbox mount. Thinking I'll find a way to use a magnetic style. Will post back pics next week once I've worked it out.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts