Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have the Proclip mount and really like it. I attached a stalk to it so my phone sits up closer to eye level.

Can you shift with it?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,849 Posts
Keep in mind if you have a phone that has QI inductive charging capabilities, the metal disk that you attach to your phone so the magnets can hold it will interfere with QI charging. Also, depending on where you put the metal disk on the phone, it can interfere with NFC communication chip.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I went with proclip mount and charging iPhone holder. Just recently upgraded to the iPhone X and needed a different mount unfortunately. The iPhone 6S Mount I had previously was a little too snug and would really grip the phone going in and out of the holder.

Running wire behind trim was easy, have it plugged into usb in arm rest and placement is out of the way enough to not be a distraction, but in reach enough for using it.

Only annoying thing is unlocking it with facial recognition on iPhone X. I changed it to remain unlocked and just manually unlock once while driving so I can keep my music list rolling without endangering others while I throw my face in front of the mount for a glance to unlock.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
NoChoice Magnetic mounts

I've been through vent clips, pivot mounts, unipod mounts, many were too large and gaudy, others like vent clips fell off etc. I get a lot of questions on the NoChoice magnetic mounts which are basically "ripoff" Steelie mounts. They are rock solid, no vibration and hold the phone very securely, even in landscape mode for navigation purposes etc. Side benefit is having a magnetic connector on the back of my phone case allows me to attach it anything metal. I have two phones so I can have them both up at the same time.

Removing the connectors, use a piece of fishing line, the 3M adhesive leaves no residue on the dash. Tried it on my other car as well, no issues.

Search Amazon for NoChoice mounts, there are variety packs etc.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=i:aps,k:nochoice&keywords=nochoice&ie=UTF8&qid=1512969910

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Don't forget that you might also want to charge the phone while it's mounted. The ProClip can do that nicely.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Installed my Pro Clip mount and Magnetic Mount on top of that. Works awesome and is super clean. The ProClip snapped right on without needing of their tools too. Fits great!

Pictured here is a Galaxy Note 8 so you all can get an idea on sizing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am honestly confused as to why so many of you need to be able to see your phones at all times while driving?

I leave mine in my pocket, or just drop it in where the cup holders are. If anyone really needs to get a hold of me that badly they will call, and my bluetooth will pick it up.

Mostly just a curious question, because I truly don't understand that need.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am honestly confused as to why so many of you need to be able to see your phones at all times while driving?

I leave mine in my pocket, or just drop it in where the cup holders are. If anyone really needs to get a hold of me that badly they will call, and my bluetooth will pick it up.

GPS, music, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Comp625 and chromey

·
Registered
253 Posts

GPS because every mobile phone app is better than the navigation system, JB4 bluetooth app, Dragy app.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Because Waze is 10000x better than the stock Navi. :):)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

To report Cops to Waze. Text while I drive, etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts

lol I just noticed this post. You must still own a Motorola Razor.

And like others have said. Waze is incredible. I also use my phone for GPS, mainly because google maps will re-route you to the best route for traffic avoidance way better than any other system out there. I've been using google maps for the longest time but after I got this car in December I realized just how quickly I get to 90mph+ without really trying or noticing. That's when I truly gave Waze a go. It's now my go to app and I have been saved a few times. Probably avoided jail time because of waze.

After seeing this thread, I ended up buying a cup holder mount that has a goose neck with magnetic end. I'll post a picture later.

Pros:
Doesn't look bad.
Highly adjustable.
Within arms reach. No need to reach far out to mess with phone. You can use the phone on the mount with an "in-hand" natural feel.

Cons:
Lose a cup holder slot.
Need to look down, away from the road if I need to look for directions.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's how Waze works
correct and it's actually pretty easy and all voice controlled. when my phone is set up on it's mount, and Waze is running I just simply say "okay waze" there's a beep and I just have to say "report police" or "report hidden police"

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is what I use
$13 bucks.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts