Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,851 Posts
That product states in its description:

Notices: 1. Please remove the metal plate before using wireless charger for the metal plate could interfere with wireless charging.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just wanted to get the communities thoughts and input...

I'm having a tough time finding a good place to keep my cell phone in my 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium. Does anyone have suggestions for mount and/or placement options? I guess I could always get a 12V outlet adapter so I can prop the phone in a holder but are there any other suggestions out there for good placement? I still would like to use my phone in the car...not when I'm driving--calm down cellphone police--but just to be able to have it handy instead of just dropping it in the door panel or armrest storage while I'm in the car. There isn't a lot of real estate in the interior for placement as it is.
I just realized I never updated this thread after I chose my mount. I picked up the Steelie Nite Ize mount because it holds strong and isn't a big, clunky mess on my dash or in my vents:

I have one in my wife's car as well and it's mounted vertically on her dash. It holds strong and doesn't move much at all when hitting rough terrain. Plus, it can swivel into a bunch of different positions. I think it's a clean-looking, affordable option.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I did the ProClip setup for my Iphone X, and also ran the wire between the trim and to the center armrest, super clean and no tools. Only bummer is the charging port in the armrest is not strong enough to charge the phone while using Waze. So I have it connected via Bluetooth with a charger in the 12V socket in the armrest. Prefer USB connection for audio, but not too bad of a compromise. This is on my 2015 Q50S.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
I have the ProClip mount, but the bolt on mount for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active does not fit. So got the Steelie ball mount to stick on it. it sorta covers the lower defroster buttons.. so I'll stick the ball on the right side of the ProClip mount... but your location looks real good too.. hummmm

·
Registered
670 Posts
Does glare affect your view having it mounted flat ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have the ProClip mount, but the bolt on mount for the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active does not fit. So got the Steelie ball mount to stick on it. it sorta covers the lower defroster buttons.. so I'll stick the ball on the right side of the ProClip mount... but your location looks real good too.. hummmm

Not even with the screw adjustment? Mine had a screw to loosen to get a good fit. Not sure if yours had that.

·
Registered
18' Q50 3.0 SPORT AWD
69 Posts
I have two installed on in my center. Both are magnetic. Left is by Taotronics on Amazon($15) for is my S8+ and on the right is one I got from Jb4 ($15).

I have a designated old Samsung I keep in the car just for my JB4 so I don't have to constantly fumble around to load the app switch and switch in between stuff when I'm driving. Plus imo looks cool to have the "guages" on side.

Also just another caveat, the Taotronics holder say TT which I though was cool because we have twin turbos, and the Jb4 mount is labeled Jb4.

Links below for those who are interested:

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-M...top?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_cell_phone_holder.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
I just put the Steelie ball mount on my ProClip mount in the upper right corner. I tried laying my phone down by where Nemesys has his but the reflection was to much.

By mounting it on the ProClip in the upper right corner the phone clears the defrost buttons better, and the passengers leg will not swivel the phone if I had the Steelie ball mounted where he shows it. Granted THAT works well too.

The magnet may also prevent wireless charging like the metal plate I had on my phone before when I was using the vent mag mount. But I now am also using the Steelie bike mount on my Honda DN-01. So this system works out well for me.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
on its long side in the cupholder.. sony xz2 compact... or angled face down in the ashtray.

I dont need to see my phone when I am driving.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I finally installed my proclip tonight. Holy cow that thing is phenomenal. Way better than I was hoping for. Once again I thank this forum fo a great recommendation! My only nit is that it somewhat blocks the seat heater control for the passenger but not too bad really. Im loving it! (insert McDonalds theme song here)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I finally installed my proclip tonight. Holy cow that thing is phenomenal. Way better than I was hoping for. Once again I thank this forum fo a great recommendation! My only nit is that it somewhat blocks the seat heater control for the passenger but not too bad really. Im loving it! (insert McDonalds theme song here)

Passengers aren’t allowed to press buttons anyway.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is what I use. May seem bulky but it doesn’t budge, I can still charge my phone, it’s not right against a vent where it’ll overheat and it can fit any phone out there. It’s fully adjustable and never falls off the windshield. I personally like having it in front of me (easier to see GPS and use Face ID).

·
Registered
670 Posts
What about charging? I have the proclip with the charging cable, I run the cable behind the panels in the center console and into the storage space.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I'm having a tough time finding a good place to keep my cell phone in my 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium. Does anyone have suggestions for mount and/or placement options? I guess I could always get a 12V outlet adapter so I can prop the phone in a holder but are there any other suggestions out there for good placement? I still would like to use my phone in the car...not when I'm driving--calm down cellphone police--but just to be able to have it handy instead of just dropping it in the door panel or armrest storage while I'm in the car. There isn't a lot of real estate in the interior for placement as it is.
I am using sticky pad called Fixiate. it sticks anything and anywhere. It is really sticky like 3m tape. I put anything on it i even sticks tablet on top screen to use navi. Wash it with water makes them even more sticky.

·
Registered
93 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078LHFM61/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this and vertically mount my phone at the AC vent, the AC cools my phone while it's being charge.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts