Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
So far i like my placement the best..
Its a hook for a pop socket on rear view mirror. Of course i cant take a oic of popsocket it self or the phone on it. But it is way better than cupholder bracket imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Seeing all these mounts, makes me sad that Infiniti STILL doesn't have Android Auto!!!!!! None of their cars has it!! Not even the "new" QX50!! But most of their Nissan cars has it!! Makes no sense!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,415 Posts
Minnesota passed a hands free law August 1st, and MN law prohibits items affixed to the windshield. Bought a ProClip for both cars based only on reputation. Very nicely done ProClip. Excellent design and engineering, and top quality materials with great instructions. The Q50 design places the phone a little lower than ideal, but I rarely use it for navigation when compared to my wife (the Escape one gets the phone a lot higher.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Minnesota passed a hands free law August 1st, and MN law prohibits items affixed to the windshield. Bought a ProClip for both cars based only on reputation. Very nicely done ProClip. Excellent design and engineering, and top quality materials with great instructions. The Q50 design places the phone a little lower than ideal, but I rarely use it for navigation when compared to my wife (the Escape one gets the phone a lot higher.
I agree. ProClip has been a great solution for me too. I even transferred the clip/mount from my previous 2017 Q50 to my new 19 without any issues. I added the Scosche magnetic mount to the clip. Works great and looks good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
ProClip👍🏼

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Magnetic mount for me; the adhesive that comes with it won't hold to the Infiniti dashboard material but the 3M does. I put it in the middle, above the built in screens, which keeps it at eye level and since like many I prefer my phone nav to the Nissan app, by a lot.

(Texting: people realize that Siri will take dictation?)

·
Registered
2017 Q50 3.0t Premium AWD
7 Posts
I'm another ProClip fan

Reactions: blazn420

·
Registered
158 Posts
ProClip seems cool but not a fan of having to mount on the passenger side. May not be an issue for others but I'd rather not if possible

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Except you will have to give up wireless charging. If that matters.
I have an aluminum finger ring on the back of my Spigen case. The extra security of the ring trumps the feature of wireless charging any day.

Automotive lighting Light Salt Material property Auto part

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
I prefer cases that have the metal mag mount and kickstand already built in. And flush.

This is what I have for my Moto G Stylus 5G.

Works great in my 50 with a Scosche mag-mount.

Communication Device Gadget Output device Telephony Material property

Reactions: Guyver and q50adix

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
So of course no mention of case brand, a link to it, or if it works with a wireless charger.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
So of course no mention of case brand, a link to it, or if it works with a wireless charger.
Oh, sorry. I figured who else has a Moto G Stylus 5G 2021? And the phone itself does not wirelessly charge so that thought never would have crossed my mind. The case is a sub $10 off ebay. I can dig up the link if needed, but I doubt it's needed. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Oh, sorry. I figured who else has a Moto G Stylus 5G 2021? And the phone itself does not wirelessly charge so that thought never would have crossed my mind. The case is a sub $10 off ebay. I can dig up the link if needed, but I doubt it's needed. ;)
No, that's OK. Most case manufacturer's make cases for as many models of phones as they can, so I would think they make versions for iPhones too.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts
No, that's OK. Most case manufacturer's make cases for as many models of phones as they can, so I would think they make versions for iPhones too.
I've always had to have a kickstand and a metal plate built in to my cases. This, however, is the first time I found a case that is actually near flush. I'm loving it! No/little rocking when it is flat on a table and I am texting. Oh, and I like kickstands that work with portrait and landscape. I'm kinda picky about my cases actually. :)

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
I prefer cases that have the metal mag mount and kickstand already built in. And flush.

This is what I have for my Moto G Stylus 5G.

Works great in my 50 with a Scosche mag-mount.

View attachment 103573
I thought this was just a chick thing.

My wife and all her friends have something like this.

I wouldnt be caught dead wearing my phone like a ring on my finger.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
I thought this was just a chick thing.

My wife and all her friends have something like this.

I wouldnt be caught dead wearing my phone like a ring on my finger.
I kind of had you pictured as a Pop Socket (with a unicorn on it) kind of guy anyway.

Horse Toy Violet Art Font

Reactions: jodedor
61 - 80 of 90 Posts