Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has had this problem-while driving 65 mph the gas engine decides to cut out (rpm drops to 0) but battery still running. The car coasts to stop but I cannot shut off the car. While in park intrument panel says chassis control error-I put into drive-says Warning-shift to park (no gas goes to engine-car towed to dealers-they say it was a software problem-2 weeks later it happens again. Dealer says I ran out of gas (warning light came on at 50 miles to empty but I had only driven 15 more miles). If car ran out of gas shouldn't I be able to turn it off?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
So I filled the car with premium and drive 40 miles when it shuts down again! Third strike infiniti. What's wrong with these cars? The electronics are terrible!
You're the only one to report a problem like this. It must be a defect in your car alone. I'd be at my dealer, and wanting a loaner until they can figure out what is wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Take it to the dealership and tell them to fix it, or replace the car. I had the no steering issue happen one morning when it was 5 degrees out, then it hasn't happened again (even on colder days). Other than that, no electronic or technology issues.

How old is your model? I bought mine about 2-3 months ago, so mainly after all the software updates happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.