Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice now (once with me driving and once with my wife) we have gotten a chassis error, see owners manual..i attached the picture.

anyone else seen this? solution?

let me know if you can't see the attached jpicture

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
anyone else seen this?
My wife and I saw this once. Looked it up in the user manual and it seemed to apply to to features that we do not have on our car.

Wrote it down on my list of things to mention to the dealer the next time I have it in - if it repeats, I'll make a trip just for it (hopefully while it is still up on the screen).

30. Chassis control warning
This warning appears if Active Lane Control
(if so equipped), the active trace control
system and/or chassis control are not
functioning properly. Have the system
checked by an INFINITI retailer. (See “Active
Lane Control” (P.5-24), “Active trace control”
(P.5-110) and “Chassis control” (P.5112).)

ACTIVE TRACE CONTROL
This system senses driving based on the
driver’s steering and acceleration/braking
patterns, and controls brake pressure at
individual wheels and hybrid system output
to help smooth vehicle response.
When the SPORT mode is selected by the
INFINITI Drive Mode Selector, the amount of
brake control provided by the active trace
control is reduced.
When the PERSONAL mode is selected, the
active trace control can be set to ON
(enabled) or OFF (disabled). See “INFINITI
Drive Mode Selector” (P.5-21).
When the VDC OFF switch is used to turn off
the VDC system, the active trace control is
also turned off.

The chassis control is electric control
module, including the following function:
. Log-in function (See “Log-in function”
(P.3-14).)
. INFINITI Drive Mode Selector (See
“INFINITI Drive Mode Selector” (P.521).)
. Active Lane Control (if so equipped)
(See “Active Lane Control” (P.5-24).)
. Active Trace Control (See “Active trace
control” (P.5-110).)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I don't know anything about it, but there is some information on the Owner's Manual(not the InTouch Manual) , starting on Page 5-112. They then give you other pages to go to. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I have had this issue happened twice in the first 200 miles. It shuts off traction control and power steering and makes the car extremely difficult to drive. The dealer said that they believe it is a result of the cold, but I expect explained to them that is unacceptable answer.

I live in Chicago and wanted an all-wheel-drive car. It's Infiniti can't make an all-wheel-drive vehicle that can operate in the cold, then why make an all-wheel-drive vehicle?

I am upset to say the least.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just received a phone call from the sales manager at Infiniti of Claridon Hills in Clarendon Hills Illinois. He said that the CPU that controls these particular functions was found to be the root cause in cold climates.

Apparently Infiniti discovered that the vendor that used to provide the CPU and CPU housing did not provide a proper seal, so in cold weather climates the condensation forming on the inside of the box is causing shortages. He told me that they will be replacing the box with a properly sealed units and that that should resolve all the issues.

It doesn't sound logical. I will let you know if it works.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just received a phone call from the sales manager at Infiniti of Claridon Hills in Clarendon Hills Illinois. He said that the CPU that controls these particular functions was found to be the root cause in cold weather climates.

Apparently Infiniti discovered that the vendor that used to provide the CPU and CPU housing did not provide a proper seal, so in cold weather climates the condensation forming on the inside of the box is causing shortages. He told me that they will be replacing the box with a properly sealed unit and this should resolve all the issues.

It sounds logical. I will let you know if it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
we had chassis control light that could not be fixed for first 60 days we owned car (Hybrid). Infiniti ultimately found a missing engine clamp that created an air leak. Fixed it and its been fine for 30 days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.