Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is the same fishwrapper that fired a reporter for a opinion piece critical of the President, an article which happens to be the most read item in the paper's history. I'll just sit this review iut on principle.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had no idea. Just popped up on an Internet search so I'll leave the boycotts to others that have more knowledge than I do since it's already up. Thanks for noting that though - if I happen upon Chatanooga in my travels I'll be sure to skip this rag :)

Oh, and don't worry, I was being facetious about THE car authority title. You aren't missing much.

Reactions: Ten*K and afrosheen

·
Registered
324 Posts
Had no idea. Just popped up on an Internet search so I'll leave the boycotts to others that have more knowledge than I do since it's already up. Thanks for noting that though - if I happen upon Chatanooga in my travels I'll be sure to skip this rag :)

Oh, and don't worry, I was being facetious about THE car authority title. You aren't missing much.

Not to worry, I picked up on your facetiousness. Being an intelligent cynic since about the time I learned to speak, I prefer my wit dry.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
O.K., you're talking about MY newspaper!:D To set the record straight on the firing: The person who was fired changed a headline about the President's visit to Chattanooga, to one that was a little too explicit for the tender ears of this city(It was "Take This Job and Shove It"). In defense of the newspaper, it is the only one in the country that has two editorial pages. One leans (way)left and the other leans (way)right, and anyone who reads them can get two different points of view on the same subject. Try to get that at any other newspaper(or on MSNBC or Fox News).

As far as the auto writer is concerned, he is always very nice to the car he writes up, so his over the top praise for the Q50 is understandable(for example, he also highly praised the Chrysler 200, probably the worse midsize car out there). My only complaint with this review is that it might inspire someone in the area to come in and get a Q50 from my dealer before my car arrives.:D

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Nissan and Infiniti North American are also based in Tennessee. They also have a large plant in Smyrna.

You don't piss off the local large employer.
Considering that I actually live in the Nashville area, I can assure you that the Nissan corporate office (in Franklin) and the plant (in Smyrna) are local to Nashville but not local to Chattanooga!! Chattanooga is over two hours away. When you consider Memphis is only 3 hours away but considered West Tennessee and Knoxville is also three hours away and considered East Tennessee and neither are considered local, Chattanooga would be considered as local as Memphis and Knoxville!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.