Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’ve searched the forum and can’t find a post on this. Got a check engine light code P050a “cold start idle air control system performance “. I’ve cleared the code, just wondering what might have caused it and an easy maintenance step. Other forums suggest cleaning the air system. My gas cap is tight. Thanks everyone.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
Hi all. I’ve searched the forum and can’t find a post on this. Got a check engine light code P050a “cold start idle air control system performance “. I’ve cleared the code, just wondering what might have caused it and an easy maintenance step. Other forums suggest cleaning the air system. My gas cap is tight. Thanks everyone.
P050a means the ECM does not control engine idle speed properly when the engine is started with pre-warming up condition. If you've cleared the DTC and it doesn't reappear, it was most likely a temporary DTC. Possible causes if the DTC reappears are a lack of intake air volume, fuel injection system problem, or an ECM problem.

Does the car steadily idle at 650 RPM +/- 50 RPM?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That’s where I’d start. When was the last time you changed them?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
If you haven't changed air filters, it's a good place to start. Here's mine after only 19K miles:

Rectangle Wood Grille Font Tints and shades

1 - 8 of 8 Posts