Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dreaded light came on.. Checked gas cap - didn't work.
Stopped by AutoZone - gave code P31A8 - no description. Anyone had it?
Taking to a dealer tomorrow, will see what they say.
Had the DAS recall done about 3 weeks ago (recalibrated), hopefully not it.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I happened to have a tech here when I looked at this. So don't ask me to look these up for you guys in the future.

But this is some sort of communications/sensor error. Dealer should be able to reset and check. Don't freak out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I was about to have a mental breakdown!!

I will update when I find out what it was.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So check engine went off right when I was about to take it to a dealer. Still took it - they didn't find any error codes or anything. I guess should've taken it when it was on.

Also wanted to do an alignment as the steering wheel is a little bit off center, but the service adviser told me they don't even have the specs to do an alignment on this model?! But when they drove it, it didn't pull and steering wheel looked fine. Is that even possible for a dealer not to be able to align the car??

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Also wanted to do an alignment as the steering wheel is a little bit off center, but the service adviser told me they don't even have the specs to do an alignment on this model?! But when they drove it, it didn't pull and steering wheel looked fine. Is that even possible for a dealer not to be able to align the car??
Not sure about the alignment part.
Since you have das, there is a way to force it to recenter your steering wheel.

Maybe search the forum for alingment and you should find it?

I don't know where that thread is off hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.