Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Reactions: druhoops

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
gbert45 - yours is a much better post with better pics. thanks!
Nah man! There are actually more pics on instagram that I am just too busy to link! There was a pic with basically a whole lot with this package! Not really a fan of the look but I am curious about the tuned steering for that package!

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
^^ You beat me to it. Its funny, when I read the article that first mentioned new lighter wheels I had a feeling they would recycle the ones from the Z. I am pretty sure it would have took too long to design and produce a new wheel design so quickly which is why they took this route.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I've always thought they had some of the better looking OEM wheels...
Just an opinion. The 18" Ray's they used to offer on the G35 were pretty ugly and the 6 spokes were uninspired (but fit the car well). I think the best OEM wheels are on the more expensive Mercedes.

The toughest thing to do is match the wheels to the vehicle. You can put crazy rims on anything but that doesn't mean it's a good fit. The Q50 has nice wheels already and the finish looks great on any color vehicle. These new ones actually look (to me) like a modification of the M37 wheels here:

If you take that basic design, pin down the bolts in the center, then twist the outer ring (with the spokes following), you get the new wheel.

Yay or nay?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I actually prefer the existing 19" sport wheels over these. I think they are also staggering the tire sizes again, which is something I dreaded dealing with all the time on my G 35/37. Was pleased when they switched to the same tire size all around on the Q50 sport package but it looks like that is going away already.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I actually prefer the existing 19" sport wheels over these. I think they are also staggering the tire sizes again, which is something I dreaded dealing with all the time on my G 35/37. Was pleased when they switched to the same tire size all around on the Q50 sport package but it looks like that is going away already.
I have mixed feelings on staggered fitment. If you're not accustomed to it (and paying more for tires when you replace them, more frequently), it can be a bad thing. If you drive hard and want the rear to stay planted, it's ideal, particularly with aggressive camber.

RWD cars with decent power should always have staggered fitment in my opinion. I always felt my G35 was under-tired in the back despite going through 4 different types during the time I owned it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have mixed feelings on staggered fitment. If you're not accustomed to it (and paying more for tires when you replace them, more frequently), it can be a bad thing. If you drive hard and want the rear to stay planted, it's ideal, particularly with aggressive camber.

RWD cars with decent power should always have staggered fitment in my opinion. I always felt my G35 was under-tired in the back despite going through 4 different types during the time I owned it.
I suppose and I totally understand why staggered tires are used. Thing is, the Q50 (even sport) is far from a track car and in 90% of driving conditions, I don't think you're going to notice the difference as long as you have the right tires on the car, staggered or not.

One could argue that I shouldn't complain about tire prices on a Q50 since it is an expensive car, etc. Ten again, they got me anyway with the **** RFT... which I am so not replacing with another set of RFT ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.