Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I love unorthodox colors.

Chestnut Brown, Malbec Black, and Graphie Shadow are my favorites..

That design is just so perfect to me...

It's not as simple like a Audi and it's not overly aggressive like a Lexus.

It's not boxy and ubiquitous like BMW and it's not overly gaudy like a Mercedes...

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I assume that that is a European model, the side marker in the front head light isn't orange like the NA models. I think that the brown would definitely look better without the orange marker like it is pictured above. It's a much cleaner design in my opinion.

(For reference here is one with the side marker)

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I assume that that is a European model, the side marker in the front head light isn't orange like the NA models. I think that the brown would definitely look better without the orange marker like it is pictured above. It's a much cleaner design in my opinion.

(For reference here is one with the side marker)

I agree that the orange the turn signal cover thats in the headlight assembly should be removed. They could have easily made it clear, lined or removed it completely, give it it's own little housing to help aim the light properly (if it doesn't have that yet) and have an orange bulb.

Whats funny is that the q50 side mirrors have turn signals in them that probably light up to be orange, but don't have an orange cover.

Hopefully the 2015 Q50 will have the orange cover deleted for a cleaner look.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I think it has to do with the North American Safety criteria. For example...

NA KIA Optima SX:

European/Asian KIA Optima SX:

NA Audi TT:

European Audi TT:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Love how Chestnut Bronze looks, amazing! it flows with all the other parts that are not painted. but is it going to be as hard as black to take care of, usually black cars get dirty really quickly and are hard to keep clean.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Love how Chestnut Bronze looks, amazing! it flows with all the other parts that are not painted. but is it going to be as hard as black to take care of, usually black cars get dirty really quickly and are hard to keep clean.
Oh, no, I disagree. I don't see it being as hard to keep clean as the Black or the Malbec Black, but it'll be a big harder than the other midtones (i.e., Venetian Ruby/Graphite Shadow). I say this based on personal experience of having a brown car in the past. They hold their cleanliness pretty well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts