Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for the little black plastic piece that covers the child seat anchors on the back parcel shelf? Having no luck on eBay or car-part.com, and Infiniti only sells the whole parcel shelf.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Junk yard?

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
He said he tried Carpart.com. I'd still try other wrecking yard sources though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'd think they'd be easy to source, but even the few yards I've reached out that have Q50's on their websites don't have that part or don't want to sell me just that.

Stupid that something so cheap and easily breakable isn't readily available for purchase somewhere.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Did you ask for the price for the parcel shelf from the salvage yard? Might not be too bad

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Unfortunately, all the parcel shelves I saw were missing the plastic anchor assembly.
It must be like a Rolls Royce hood ornament...very collectable.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I would go to the home store (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc) and buy something made out of slightly flexible black plastic (about 1/16" thick) and cut my own cover with a tin snips or shop scissors. It won't have the cute logo, but so what.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Duct tape

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Seriously though, OP, do you still have the cover? There's got to be a way to fix it. I suspect the hinge area is what broke?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I bought the car used last year sans the cover. Nothing on the anchor is broken, so if I could only find a replacement cover, it would snap into place and the car would be perfectly sorted. Alas.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
No, I bought the car used last year sans the cover. Nothing on the anchor is broken, so if I could only find a replacement cover, it would snap into place and the car would be perfectly sorted. Alas.
I think there is only one thing left to do. Bring your car in for a recall or some warranty work, and hope for a loaner car.

Or perhaps a little test drive where you need to test out the back seats.

Or, heck, even the Q50 on the showroom floor.

;)

Seriously, I'd just keep an eye out on CL for a local part-out. You'll run in to one eventually. Good luck.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think there is only one thing left to do. Bring your car in for a recall or some warranty work, and hope for a loaner car.

Or perhaps a little test drive where you need to test out the back seats.

Or, heck, even the Q50 on the showroom floor.

;)

Seriously, I'd just keep an eye out on CL for a local part-out. You'll run in to one eventually. Good luck.

So your suggesting stealing it out of another car. Your classy

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
So your suggesting stealing it out of another car. Your classy
I think Mr Potatohead's suggestion was tongue-in-spud and not intended to be a serious suggestion of not-so-grand theft auto.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts