Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - so, somehow the clips that hold the chrome border to the front of my RS400's grille on the car have snapped, and it's loose and kinda waggling (still attached at the bottom). I called my Infiniti dealer and they said that they don't make this part to be sold separately, and that I'd have to purchase a new grille (to the tune of a grand). I'd really like to avoid having to do that if possible - anyone know where I might be able to purchase this part elsewhere? TIA.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,368 Posts
If you just want it cheap and easy try AliExpress...

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
eBay has them also for less than $200. You'll need to transfer your illuminated emblem to the new grille.

·
Registered
2018 White Q50RS RWD
162 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
The grills are like $300

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,178 Posts
One tube of silicone sealant. $4.99

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all - so, somehow the clips that hold the chrome border to the front of my RS400's grille on the car have snapped, and it's loose and kinda waggling (still attached at the bottom). I called my Infiniti dealer and they said that they don't make this part to be sold separately, and that I'd have to purchase a new grille (to the tune of a grand). I'd really like to avoid having to do that if possible - anyone know where I might be able to purchase this part elsewhere? TIA.
Home depot sells zipties you could completely attach it from the back so it won't be seen even if you had to drill a tiny hole in part of the busted clip remains. That's a temp fix anyhow so it don't fly away. Or get some jb Weld the marine jb Weld that's a putty stick and attach it and litery form an new clip out of it let it dry and install after or if you have the broken bits use that jbweld and reattach it and also strengthen it it thr base . You can do a lot with that stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts