Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of Circuit Motorsports? Some pretty interesting tidbits in their blog post:
1)I rarely hear any tuner reference what Stillen did by calculating compressor map efficiency.
2) I NEVER hear of anyone on this platform doing back to back testing on the same Dyno with different tuners.
3) They put specific emphasis on making their tune safer and running LESS boost.

If I ever get a real tune and decide not to do it myself with HPT I'm highly inclined to choose these guys.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
I don't see that they do remote tunes and I don't have any trips planned to Florida in the foreseeable future so I guess they aren't an option for me.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Agreed, nice read. I wouldn't say 18PSI is "less" boost, it's just right, I would say that the example they gave of a 2X PSI tune was too much boost. They say they got 409WHP with a bone stock RS with just their tune. I'd like to see the results of a modified Q50 with their tune.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't see that they do remote tunes and I don't have any trips planned to Florida in the foreseeable future so I guess they aren't an option for me.
copied from the link provided:
Circuit Motorsports is a performance auto shop located in Orlando, Florida. We specialize in performance upgrades, ECU tuning, engine builds, and fabrication. If you are interested in performance upgrades, a dyno-tune or e-tune, or a full build consultation contact us today!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
copied from the link provided:
Circuit Motorsports is a performance auto shop located in Orlando, Florida. We specialize in performance upgrades, ECU tuning, engine builds, and fabrication. If you are interested in performance upgrades, a dyno-tune or e-tune, or a full build consultation contact us today!
I missed that. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
This is the closest tuner to me. If/when I go with a tune, it'd be nice to be able to use a tuner so close. I don't know anything about them other than reading their website and Yelp reviews. 4.5/5.0 Yelp.

I'll probably use them soon to get dyno'd.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
This is the closest tuner to me. If/when I go with a tune, it'd be nice to be able to use a tuner so close. I don't know anything about them other than reading their website and Yelp reviews. 4.5/5.0 Yelp.

I'll probably use them soon to get dyno'd.

Soon? Like after you install the JB4? Sure.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do NOT pick a tuner mainly based off location. Remote tunes SHOULD be easier with this platform since it's a factory wideband car.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Do NOT pick a tuner mainly based off location. Remote tunes SHOULD be easier with this platform since it's a factory wideband car.
Understood.

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
This. Why go local when you can have a tuner who specializes in our platform?

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
686 Posts
If I were looking to go to a dyno tuner in Florida then I'd go to Btuned. 100%

Brandon remote tuned my car while I was at my dyno in South Carolina. I ended up with 444whp/498tq.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,680 Posts
Got it! No plans for a tune anytime soon, but understood. Thanks.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,876 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.