Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lodging several complaints about my In Touch and Nav locking up several times in the less than 1 week I have owned the car, I got a call from someone at client services today who seemed very well informed. He said that he was informed by the engineering department today that they had identified the cause of these issues and have an update that is currently in testing. He said so far the results were encouraging and they expected and hope to have it deployed by the end of this month.

I don't recall seeing something quite so definitive here, so I wanted to share.

Hope it also addresses the issue I'm having with Voice Commands not full working on my iPod.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I wonder how they going to handle the update. Trip to the dealer?
It would be nice if they can let us download the files to usb and update it ourself. Perhap in the future, I hope. I hate going to the dealer especially on a long drive for me and than wait for who know how long it take :(
But, I am happy to see an update coming soon :)

Reactions: Soon2Q50

·
Registered
160 Posts
Definitely a trip to dealer. They said this is because it is a large update. Smaller updates will be OTA. Said it will take about an hour and a half.
Although I'll hate having to drive 3 hours for this, I am considering having a midnight grille and decklid spoiler installed, so maybe I'll just have it done then.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Update will be done at dealer
Jason... I asked this in another post awhile back and now can't find it so dont know if it was answered - I understand Infiniti and Nissan are different, but was wondering if you thought Nissan might be able to do the updates - I have several Nissan dealerships nearby, but no infiniti.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jason... I asked this in another post awhile back and now can't find it so dont know if it was answered - I understand Infiniti and Nissan are different, but was wondering if you thought Nissan might be able to do the updates - I have several Nissan dealerships nearby, but no infiniti.

Highly unlikely.. wouldnt want to give a 100% no.. but cant imagine them having it

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Highly unlikely.. wouldnt want to give a 100% no.. but cant imagine them having it
Especially since De Nysschen is trying his hardest to distinguish the brand entirely from Nissan; very unlikely Nissan dealers will have the update.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I didn't think they would have it, but wondered if I could work with one to get it and have them install. I have yet to have an issue, so maybe I'll just wait until I need an oil change and take care of all things on one trip.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
The only place I've heard of where a Nissan dealer will work on an Infiniti under warranty is in Hawaii where they have Nissan dealers on some islands, but only Infiniti on Oahu.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The only place I've heard of where a Nissan dealer will work on an Infiniti under warranty is in Hawaii where they have Nissan dealers on some islands, but only Infiniti on Oahu.
Ok, thank you... Just thought I'd check... Appreciate the help. OP - thanks for the update on status :)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I miss Duryea as well! Haha My service guy called me yesterday because the engineers wanted a little more information (phone, iOS, any pictures I had taken of navigation freeze, etc). I thought that was a good sign that the engineers are willing to reach out for more information as they research root cause of issues.

Reactions: jkay

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I miss Duryea as well! Haha My service guy called me yesterday because the engineers wanted a little more information (phone, iOS, any pictures I had taken of navigation freeze, etc). I thought that was a good sign that the engineers are willing to reach out for more information as they research root cause of issues.
When I met the engineers, they took pics of my phone and the software versions on it. They are very thorough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.