Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does it only display the lower vents as the display and not show what mode it is in? The fan speed does change to reflect what auto is doing, but I don't think the display of what vents/defrost are shown when auto is switching to them... Or maybe I have just been unlucky and missed the change, but I can hear it defrosting (which btw, is never enough!) and the display does not reflect that.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Is it me or does it only display the lower vents as the display and not show what mode it is in? The fan speed does change to reflect what auto is doing, but I don't think the display of what vents/defrost are shown when auto is switching to them... Or maybe I have just been unlucky and missed the change, but I can hear it defrosting (which btw, is never enough!) and the display does not reflect that.
nope, watch video:

EQRG - Driver Distraction Warning

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where in that video does it say Auto mode will not reflect what it is doing? I watched it twice and nowhere is that mentioned.

And if thats the case, then thats just stupid... every car I owned back to my 1995 SHO Taurus would show me what the **** it was actually doing in Auto. We now have to guess? Unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
It's thankless but at the same time, it doesn't necessarily add value knowing where the settings are if you hit the Auto button. It's like, set it and forget it. If you need to make your own adjustments, I can see why you'd need to know what the system is doing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well its just nice to see if the defrost is indeed on, but it does such a poor job in auto mode, I always end up putting it on manually...

I think this is the first time I have seen a car not show what its doing in auto tho! Another first for the Q50! :(

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm sitting in the car now, and the auto setting seems to reflect the vent settings.

Regarding the auto defrost setting, I've yet to be in any car and see that work. That's why they all have a dedicated button.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sitting in the car now, and the auto setting seems to reflect the vent settings.

Regarding the auto defrost setting, I've yet to be in any car and see that work. That's why they all have a dedicated button.
Really? To be clear, I'm referring to the vent settings only. I know the fan, a/c/, etc reflect what is happening

Attachments

·
Premium Member
526 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, thanks. I wonder if its because they are always using the lower vents for heat. I don't think I have driven my car above 40 degrees yet! lol

Still weird that it doesn't display when the defrost is on and I am almost positive, I felt that vent working...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.