2,669 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,691 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I don't even understand the purpose of that. Am I supposed to?
Hah well I can see where the owner is going with it, I imagine his logic was something along the lines of "bigger intake = more power" he just
didn't understand that there are other variables to consider. lol

You guys laugh at that pic but it gets even better. That wasn't just some random pic floating around the internet, it's from an actual ebay product listing! lol
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-Cold-Air-Intake-Duct-Feed-Induction-Ducting-Silicone-Pipe-Hose-2-5-inch/142818518535?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
Oh god, well at least the price isn't absurd... The 4 star+ reviews he got however are!

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
$12.50 for a 3-foot piece of dryer vent hose? I'm in the wrong business.

But, but it is high temp dryer vent hose. Oh, wait.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
At least on q50, that hose is long enough to go thru the firewall and suck colder air from cabin. And if the owner is creative enough, it can also double as portable urinal, like one of those they sell off of ebay for $6.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
At least on q50, that hose is long enough to go thru the firewall and suck colder air from cabin. And if the owner is creative enough, it can also double as portable urinal, like one of those they sell off of ebay for $6.
Does urine affect MAFs? Is this similar to MEOH injection?

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,691 Posts
You know, I totally missed his air filter in front of the battery and behind the driver side headlight! I just assumed the corrugated hose kept going down and the air filter was somewhere out of sight. It looks like it is a cone filter surrounded by some sort of aluminum heat shield contraption! What's funny is the air filter ends up right there by the original hose connection point. So why the long hose path??? Seems like a simple 90 deg bend would have worked. I guess the opening in the heat shield is down-facing? Shouldn't it be forward-facing?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Oh good point. Hopefull MAF wouldn't blow up while spraying urine.

Interestingly, Aliexpress lists one specifically for Infiniti vehicles! Order now before it's gone lmao!

https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/33015343376.html?spm=a2g0n.seo-amp-search.searchResult.33015343376
Handy tool for the road trip nazi's. My son made me drive over 7 hours straight a couple of weeks ago. Even the display between the tach and speedo showed "time for a break?" First time I've ever seen that on the display.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts