Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Iridium Blue 2018 Q50 Sport, Krotov Widebody Kit, AMS LDP, MBRP Catback Exaust. Vertini Rims
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is as promised, done at a professional shop. rims/tires setup is 20x11+15 275/35/20 100 percent rubs on the plastic lining at full turn, will shave it down with sand paper to stop. will most likely lower the car in the future as gap is pretty big but i heard you arent supposed to drop AWD cars so im not sure.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
Not totally my thing but I always applaud anyone who goes outside the norm. Thumbs up to you. Looks like good body work!

I think you should kill the door handle chrome.

·
Registered
Iridium Blue 2018 Q50 Sport, Krotov Widebody Kit, AMS LDP, MBRP Catback Exaust. Vertini Rims
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not totally my thing but I always applaud anyone who goes outside the norm. Thumbs up to you. Looks like good body work!

I think you should kill the door handle chrome.
I forgot the chrome existed there, will definitely black it out and have the roof done black also.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Are you dopest q50 on IG? Not my style but done very nicely all finished up and painted. Not a fan of the rivets on the flares look. Any pics of the reaR?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
I think I'd prefer black or body colored fasteners. The silver colored ones stand out too much unless that's the look you're going for. Definitely an interesting kit.

Reactions: SocaliridiumQ50RS

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
88 Posts
I agree, I think black hardware and black on the door handles would look awesome, either way props to you for doing this!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you dopest q50 on IG? Not my style but done very nicely all finished up and painted. Not a fan of the rivets on the flares look. Any pics of the reaR?
Not dopest Q, it’s a personal page with my life & cars so I don’t really plan on sharing it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'd prefer black or body colored fasteners. The silver colored ones stand out too much unless that's the look you're going for. Definitely an interesting kit.
That’s exactly what i was looking for, stand out and a bit aggressive with the rubber lining.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s in the video, this the only image of the back I have, the video shows it a lot better

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree, I think black hardware and black on the door handles would look awesome, either way props to you for doing this!
Gonna be deleting the chrome handles and doing a black roof paintjob, soon!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice!! I would do a black out on the bolts/nuts of the body kit, its all about the details.

Reactions: SocaliridiumQ50RS

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
have you considered running 295 on those 11" wheels...or even 305 with more offset?

you went through a lot just to fit 275.

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Registered
645 Posts
I am a fan. Don't know why but I like it.

Reactions: Aryan1

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
378 Posts
Looks great! You should be able to lower an inch or so with no issues. AWD system is worried about the tire diameters, not the ride height. The CV axles would be the concern, but as long as your not going crazy with it you shouldn't have an issue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
have you considered running 295 on those 11" wheels...or even 305 with more offset?

wont fit, if i wanted to, it will rub on the rubber linings sadly. and gets too close to the the top of the wheel well as it is right now.

edit: it rubs as is on full turns very slightly and hits the top of the wheel well if i hit a really really bad pothole which is super common in nyc

edit two: im going to remove the plastic lining and try to fit 305's with my next set of tires.... in like 2 years haha. i only drive less than 1k a month so itll be a minute till i wear them out

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Looks great! You should be able to lower an inch or so with no issues. AWD system is worried about the tire diameters, not the ride height. The CV axles would be the concern, but as long as your not going crazy with it you shouldn't have an issue.
i plan to!, i just dont know what coilovers i should get that are more comfortable than the current ones, i like driving in style less than cutting around when im driving by myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice!! I would do a black out on the bolts/nuts of the body kit, its all about the details.
i think i will, i have to go back to finish cutting the old fenders behind, they wouldnt do it until the got the rims to measure, at that point ill ask them to do a black roof paintjob and the rivets!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
i think i will, i have to go back to finish cutting the old fenders behind, they wouldnt do it until the got the rims to measure, at that point ill ask them to do a black roof paintjob and the rivets!
What happened to your position in post #6 about silver fasteners? I thought you wanted that look? Did you succumb to peer pressure here?

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
What happened to your position in post #6 about silver fasteners? I thought you wanted that look? Did you succumb to peer pressure here?
Not me! As much flack as I got for my single grocery hook, I bought two more!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts