Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I just found out that the highest resolution audio the USB input will play is 320 bps. Hi quality music is important to me. I don't listen to mp3s at home, just lossless CD resolution files and higher resolution files.

Dang! That means I'll have to reformat anything I want to play in the car. That's a lot of work.

I'm sure the system would sound better with lossless files.

Maybe they can increase the quality of audio playback via software. There are DACs for under $100 that can do this. Surely the hardware would support it.

One can hope.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I'm stepping into an area that I know next to nothing about, but I'll tell you what I was told to do. I copied CDs to the computer(iTunes) using lossless, and then downloaded them to an iPod. The quality is first rate - equal to my home stereo system. If this is not what you are talking about, then feel free to ignore.:D

Reactions: RSVP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have specified a USB stick (flash drive) via the USB input, not the iPhone/iPod. You can copy files from your computer over to a stick and play them. But this only plays mp3s. And so far, no album art.

The last 2 cars I've owned had an onboard hard drive and you could copy your current fave CDs directly to the car, but I don' think any cars have that anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm stepping into an area that I know next to nothing about, but I'll tell you what I was told to do. I copied CDs to the computer(iTunes) using lossless, and then downloaded them to an iPod. The quality is first rate - equal to my home stereo system. If this is not what you are talking about, then feel free to ignore.:D
That's a good looking color on the 50! I guess I should snap a pic of mine and put it on my profile. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.