Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theday both of my screens didnt come on and after turning the car off and on again it still didnt work neither did any of the buttons like.heated seats,temp,steering wheel controls and voice activation. I brought the car to the dealer they said the computer crashed and they are going to replace it. Just picked the car up and everything seems to work fine now except.I have to re program everything.Anyone else ever encounter this problem??

·
Registered
982 Posts
Theday both of my screens didnt come on and after turning the car off and on again it still didnt work neither did any of the buttons like.heated seats,temp,steering wheel controls and voice activation. I brought the car to the dealer they said the computer crashed and they are going to replace it. Just picked the car up and everything seems to work fine now except.I have to re program everything.Anyone else ever encounter this problem??

Happened to me twice but it fixed itself. Screen black and my fan which was always on didn't work. I think the 2nd time it happened was because I pressed a button before the system fully loaded, so it got confused in decided to continue in the black screen mode.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Salesman at my dealer said if it ever freezes to hold the center volume button and it will reboot
That is correct, but this problem sounds like it was something inside of the system that wasn't working. Holding the volume button down will only reset the system. If there is a bigger issue, this will not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
InTouch system crashes

I bought a Q50S AWD in October. My vehicle continues to experience Infiniti InTouch system crashes/reboots. The latest was 2 days ago while driving to work. I have a 28 mile commute. This system crash happens 2 to 3 times a week.
I had a software update back in November and have had it back to Infiniti Service twice since then. They can find nothing wrong and have verified that all the software is up to date.
Last time it was in for for the crash issue the service manager suggested trying to remove the USB flash drive I was using. I had music (WMA format) loaded to listen to when I can't find anything on the radio or SXM. I have not had the USB flash drive in the system since it was removed at the last service call. There was nothing plugged into either USB port during the last 4 system crashes.

This latest crash occurred while I was listening to SXM sitting in traffic at a light about 22 miles into my drive. The two InTouch screens when dark and the system rebooted.

I have attached a video of the latest incident. The video starts after the screens went dark. After the screens go dark the system boots as though the car was just started. The audio system gets rest to the setting it had when the car was last started. Navigation also gets cleared. This is really annoying when it happens while following directions from the navigation system because the destination has to be set again and the navigation re-started.

I can't believe that I'm the only one having these issues.
I assumed that these were software issues but if system crashes are that rare maybe I have a hardware issue with the system?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I can't believe that I'm the only one having these issues.
I assumed that these were software issues but if system crashes are that rare maybe I have a hardware issue with the system?
Rick, you have my sympathy as I had those crashes, on a monthly basis, in my BMW. With the Q, I've had a single computer crash after the November update, and that was immediately after the update (it probably needed a reboot). I too use a USB flash drive, but with mp3 stuff.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Our Android version is at least 2 years old now.
Actaully even older. I think we are on 2.3.7 right?
That was released in September 2011.

If or when ever an update comes, hopefully we will ge a much newer version of Andoid as well.

It should help stabalize things and may offer speed increases due to general optimizaions that have gone on over the past 2+ years.

Currently Android is on 4.4 released on 3 September 2013

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So as I said picked the car up last night and everything s working fine and the service advisor called me this afternoon and asked need to bring the car back in tomorrow so they can install another part.
Keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My center console reboots almost on a daily basis. Sometimes both screens come back, sometimes just the bottom with the nav screen complaining it can't read the SD card. Dealer replaced the SD card but the problem persists. First iteration of SW used to freeze until you manually reset it, latest SW eventually becomes non-responsive and reboots by itself. I can generally get about 40 minutes of use before it reboots. If I hit traffic on my commute and it takes me longer then 45 minutes, it's almost guaranteed to reboot. I'm a SW engineer and this smells like a memory leak to me. But, I find it hard to believe Infiniti would have shipped with such a blatant flaw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
crash

My Q50 continues to have issues, my screens go blank and I have to stop the car to get it to work properly. My sensors go off and will not stop peeping until I stop the car and restart it. I have had my car in the shop on several occasions and done the updates but it still happens. Not happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.