Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am new to this forum and apologize up front about the long post. I have owned 2 back to back Infinitis for past almost 8 years - first the G35 sedan and currently the G37S coupe. Have had a great experience to date with each vehicle and am a fan of the brand. I am in the process of deciding on my next purchase and am considering staying with Infiniti. I love the coupe, but due to circumstances, need a vehicle with 4 doors. This said, I am a little nervous about purchasing the Q50 given it is a first year model and it's "mixed" reviews to date (based on a variety of sources). My wife would prefer an SUV (again for a variety of reasons). We don't need the QX 60 or 70, this leaving the QX50. This model hasn't changed since 2008, except for a few technological enhancements. The interior/controls are pretty much identical to my G37 coupe and surprisingly, the cargo space is almost smaller than that of the Q50 (with seats folded down). Rear seat legroom is also limited. Needless to say, the QX50 is considerably less expensive and does handle like a sports car given it's 3.7 engine. This said, it is 'dated' and is basically no more than a wagon version of the G37. As mentioned, I am a fan of Infiniti and have had a trouble-free experience for almost 8 years. Overall quality is good and I am comfortable with the brand. Would appreciate any owner feedback on each of the aforementioned models. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for your replies. I will be test-driving both vehicles this weekend and maybe even the QX 60. Definite advantages/disadvantages in each case. Truth be told, I am not a huge fan of the 'look' of Infiniti Crossovers/SUVs, but as a multiple repeat Infiniti client I also know that I can get a pretty decent deal, something that I have to take into account (am purchasing/not leasing). Will put together an objective 'pros' and 'cons' comparison list - in my experience, one side usually ends up outweighing the other. Will figure it out. Thanks again for your input...much appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to hear that you like your new Q50. Congrats on your purchase. Apparently, there is an additional 'new' mid-month incentive program that my Infiniti dealership is offering (not sure if only specific to them or across the board). After test-driving a couple of vehicles tomorrow, should be in a better position to make a final decision. I could now go on staff at Infiniti given the amount of research I've done :) It's now time to decide one way or another!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.