Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Q50S Hybrid Nav Tech.
Has anyone had an issue connecting the iPhone for purposes of having the Q50 read and respond to text messages? My iPhone 4 is connecting perfectly through Bluetooth for making calls, and when connected to the USB, the music streams perfectly. But when I try to set up the text feature, I get a dialogue box that reads something like "Your phone is not supported..." Help?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I've had the same issue. It doesn't even work using the cable for me. I'm guessing it doesn't work for iPhone users or may be available after the next update?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Not sure but I thi k that functionality is only for Android right now. I believe an app or the next update will give that functionality for iPhone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Any idea when there might be an update? Or when some "app" will be available in the App Store? (I also can't figure out how to download apps into the InTouch system such that my calendar etc. is accessible. Is it just me, or is this system a bit...non-intuitive?)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'd expect this will be enabled with the next version update of iOS (7.0), as far as I heard iOS 7.0 will be released at the same time iPhone 5S is announced second week of September. I hope so anyways

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm running iOS7b5, but don't have my Q50RC1 yet to try it with. While there are new notification APIs in iOS7, they aren't required for SMS integration; at least via bluetooth. As an example, Pebble watches can reliably receive and display SMS messages from iPhones running 6.x. So it is a bit surprising this capability isn't there already.

·
Registered
336 Posts
SMS integration uses BT MAP (message access profile) feature, which is standardized. If your phone has that feature, and the head unit also has the feature, there shouldn't be a reason why it wouldn't work despite the absence of "certification", unless Infiniti purposefully turns it off when it detects "non-certified" handsets. It's been supported on the iPhone 4.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I have a Q50S Hybrid Nav Tech.
Has anyone had an issue connecting the iPhone for purposes of having the Q50 read and respond to text messages? My iPhone 4 is connecting perfectly through Bluetooth for making calls, and when connected to the USB, the music streams perfectly. But when I try to set up the text feature, I get a dialogue box that reads something like "Your phone is not supported..." Help?
Only Android works with texts right now.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Only Android for the moment. Although someone told me their blackberry worked.

Supposedly in the September update. Which, judging by recent release dates/promises, should probably be called the "fall" update as StonedCL referred to it. So fall = before December 21, right? ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
what ever apps you have on your phone, you can transfer it to your system as long as it is connected.
Huh? Not quite true.

According to the manual: "Mobile Apps are a limited selection of popular smartphone-based apps that have been customized for in-vehicle use. Mobile Apps can be accessed by connecting your compatible smartphone to the vehicle."

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Blackberry and Android can connect thru bluetooth only. iphone can connect thru USB port. what ever apps you have on your phone, you can transfer it to your system as long as it is connected.
And this isn't available yet until the next update correct? Maybe I need to plug my iPhone in again and play with this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up my car a week ago and just after I paired my iPhone my wife texted to see how it was going and I was pleasantly surprised that it showed up and then gave me the option to read it aloud. I actually thought it was a fluke, but last night on my way to meet my wife for dinner she texted and it showed up again. It was connected through Bluetooth only, and not USB.

So, I remembered the dealer had me do an extra step after I paired it to the car. Once it's connected, click on the blue arrow next to the "MY-CAR" device (this is also where you can tell it to forget this device if you want to remove it from the list). On that screen, turn on "Show Notifications". It won't let you send responses, and if you come back later it doesn't pull up past messages, only ones you received while the car was on.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is great news! I really should have thought of this - in a prior thread I mentioned surprise that it didnt work, because I reliably get text notification over bluetooth to my Pebble watch - but you have to do the same thing to make it work - turn on Show Notifications.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That was my exact thought when I saw the same thing that I saw when I saw the "Show notifications" setting on my iPhone last night when looking at the Q50 Bluetooth profile. With that enabled I get notifications on my Pebble watch without any issues too.

I'll post again once I've had a chance to test it with the Q50 some more.

·
Registered
302 Posts
This is great news! I really should have thought of this - in a prior thread I mentioned surprise that it didnt work, because I reliably get text notification over bluetooth to my Pebble watch - but you have to do the same thing to make it work - turn on Show Notifications.
I love my Pebble dearly. However, I can't get my wrist far enough away to read the text sometimes without my reading glasses. Getting text messages on the display in my Q50 (when / if I get it) would be a benefit!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.