Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum.
Long time member of LS1 and LS2 with my LS1 TA. (circa 1999-present)
I'm trading in my 2002 Acura RL 3.5 for another luxury sedan and saw the Q50 on the road.

Very SHARP car and the commercial / pics really don't do it justice.

I've already test driven the car, and am a little leery on the steering.
Love to hear the thoughts of other drivers on here.
Thanks....
Firebirdone

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Just found this forum.
Long time member of LS1 and LS2 with my LS1 TA. (circa 1999-present)
I'm trading in my 2002 Acura RL 3.5 for another luxury sedan and saw the Q50 on the road.

Very SHARP car and the commercial / pics really don't do it justice.

Thanks....
Firebirdone
Welcome! Definitely test drive yourself to see if you like the steering. I like it quite a bit, but it definitely is a personal preference. Remember that any sort of spirited driving should be done with ALC off. You don't need the car correcting your inputs when taking sharp corners, ect. I think that was part of the problem with some of the review tests with the C&D tester commenting that the steering reads your inputs and something you intend will come out the end with unwanted amendments. With ALC off, the car steers razor sharp and exactly as you want it to.

Yea, some of the marketing pics don't quite do it justice. It's definitely sharp in person in the right color.

I will say I love mine more than Rick James loved cocaine, but it does come down to personal preference so go for a spin.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
This is by far the worst pic/rendering of the car at least to me. It looks way better in real life.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thanks....
Firebirdone
I had the same problem.
It took me a few days to get used to the responsiveness of DAS and it's tighter ratio than a normal car.
I'm glad I have it.
Once you get used to how responsive it is, Hydrolic steering will feel sluggesh. :cool:

DAS POLL if you want to read some more.
http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/ne...orum/19617-das-poll-what-would-you-do-if.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.