Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Sorry if I missed this discussed earlier in the thread but if you're serious about the thought of making a lux model "as good as or better than" a red and/or silver sport, dont forget about seats as they are much different. That could be another expensive piece of the build if you decide like I did that you need the sport leather seats. At least take a long ride in a lux to get your feel of them first, maybe you'd actually like them better who knows. Also not sure it's extremely easy to just add an aftermarket head unit due to the infotainment system setup. Your estimate might be a little low for all new quality sound components and quality install, just offering these thoughts as counterpoints as you research. It may come down to your appetite to work on the car and make it into exactly what you want vs having stock goodies. Either way you'll enjoy the Q50 :)
Thanks for the information. I’m sure I’d prefer the seats in the RS or SS but probably not a deal breaker. I’d most likely get the Tesla screen which I’d do in both models. I don’t have to build a bad ass system just one that sounds good with a little bass. Component speakers are around $200-$250 a pair and mid bass speakers are similar. If I get a single subwoofer it’s around $200 for a decent 10”. We will see how it all plays out.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The Red Sport also has a different final drive ratio - 3.13 (vs 2.94 for the other trim levels).
Ah yes. I always forget to include that because the difference is so negligible. Technically that makes the SS/RS rear weaker too.

121 - 122 of 122 Posts