Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I've got the part # but it says it won't fit? Anyone know if this really won't fit? I don't see why it won't.
It fits. However, if you want some positive reinforcement, change your year on the website to 2020, and then magically the Rev B will fit. :geek:

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
I've got the part # but it says it won't fit? Anyone know if this really won't fit? I don't see why it won't.
It should fit just fine, the reason why it's listed as incompatible is because the part was only introduced on 2019+ models it's not a
designated replacement part.

@MobileTechGundam made a post about it a few weeks ago if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It should fit just fine, the reason why it's listed as incompatible is because the part was only introduced on 2019+ models it's not a designated replacement part.

@MobileTechGundam made a post about it a few weeks ago if I'm not mistaken.
While I seemingly cannot judge spatter (or is it splatter? Yowzers...) origins from my OEM driveshaft (Yes, @Avedis53 @EngineeredQ50 @jodedor it is grease from the U-Joint - I checked further before I stored it away), I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Rev B dipstick fitting the pre-mid year 2019 VR30s is NOT a conspiracy - it does fit, and my engine and turbos are enjoying being bathed in an extra 1/2 qt of syn oil since my recent oil & filter change. ;)

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts
It fits. However, if you want some positive reinforcement, change your year on the website to 2020, and then magically the Rev B will fit. :geek:
Ordered!! Thanks for verifying the fit of the rev B part. I figured it would be just fine, but just wanted to double check! 👍🏼 Thanks.

My ride to get my car when it's ready has fallen through. I'll figure it out. I just met a former Nissan master technician in my PTSD group. He may be interested in visiting Go Auto to see the work they do there on the GT-R's.

I figure 2 more weeks at the most, b4 it's ready to pick up. 😁😎

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Ordered!! Thanks for verifying the fit of the rev B part. I figured it would be just fine, but just wanted to double check! 👍🏼 Thanks.

My ride to get my car when it's ready has fallen through. I'll figure it out. I just met a former Nissan master technician in my PTSD group. He may be interested in visiting Go Auto to see the work they do there on the GT-R's.

I figure 2 more weeks at the most, b4 it's ready to pick up. 😁😎
PTSD from working on Nissan's I assume? :cool:
Kidding obviously.

Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts
I’ve got that. Not kidding though.
I've got that from my supercharger install in my Miata. 🙄👿

Horrible experience. "How much did you spend to make it undriveable?" Huge mistake as it was a brand new design.

I ended up unknowingly being a bata tester for an unfinished design. It more than suc&ed. Ran like absolute trash. Revision after revision, each a little better. The the co was sold and the design went unfinished. I got burned. Waste of a year of wrenching, testing, and a bucket of money down the drain. I should have gotten the proven Eaton design kit.

So yes, I do have some PTSD in regard to my Q50 project. Paul, Q60NH, was a big help getting me to relax some about it. He probably thought I was a tad off my rocker. 🥴.. Thanks Paul for helping me relax a bit. Range therapy baby!

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
310 Posts
New dipstick arrived and installed - that was quick delivery!

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
310 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
2018 Q50S, both turbos replaced under warranty at 20,000 miles. In shop about 3 weeks. Dealer had another Q50 in the shop with the same turbo issues.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I've just put my cheap borescope to work and inspected my right-side turbo 8k miles after replacement. There's also a tiny bit of oil that came from the breather.

381 - 400 of 500 Posts