Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
I've just put my cheap borescope to work and inspected my right-side turbo 8k miles after replacement. There's also a tiny bit of oil that came from the breather.
So this is a photo of 8k on a replacement Gen2 turbo?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Did you have to remove the intake boxes with your scope or were you able to maneuver through the inlets?
I only removed the filter but it is kinda hard to maneuver to be honest. Plus, there were some residue of oil that the tech didn't clean up which got into the camera lens.

So this is a photo of 8k on a replacement Gen2 turbo?
Gen3! lol

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
251 Posts
Hard to imagine Honeywell / Garrett are not catching flax from Infiniti - a redesign and they still are not holding up. This seems more and more like an engineering wrinkle of a new engine and all VR30 owners are along for the ride.🤨

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
We will need to wait and see how the Gen 2 turbos pan out, I think they will hold up far better and sadly that may simply be good enough for Infiniti. The one or two people reporting issues could
also be due to a poorly completed installed or simply an assembly issue in the factory due to the newer parts.

Need to play it by ear, I'd personally hope Infiniti doesn't need to go through a 3rd revision....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
I only removed the filter but it is kinda hard to maneuver to be honest. Plus, there were some residue of oil that the tech didn't clean up which got into the camera lens.

Gen3! lol
Good tip. I've got a borescope, I'm going to try this if I only have to pull the filter.

401 - 406 of 406 Posts