Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AWD Q50 RS
9 Posts
Even worse, it’s still burning coolant. After driving it about 20 miles the main overflow is now below min and the intercooler reservoir is empty. Whole engine compartment smells like burning coolant like it did before. They claimed they drove it 100 miles and lost nothing. I’ll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even worse, it’s still burning coolant. After driving it about 20 miles the main overflow is now below min and the intercooler reservoir is empty. Whole engine compartment smells like burning coolant like it did before. They claimed they drove it 100 miles and lost nothing. I’ll keep you all posted.
Damn that sucks, was just reading all your posts. I came from a modded '17 wrx where the engine is known to blow when you get into the 300+ range to the wheels. Just swooped a q50 and these turbo issues are giving me anxiety :LOL:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
And they scratched the crap out of my bumper. I think I am done with INFINITI after this car.
I would speak with the service manager and ask that they make it right.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
When my turbos were replaced, I had to top off the coolant for the intercoolers 2 times over a couple weeks. I didn't have any burning coolant smell though. No issues thereafter.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Q50 RS
9 Posts
I’m already only speaking directly with the service manager after the first time they had the car for 8 days and the SA communicated with me like maybe only 2 times during that period. I already have ICA involved as well. I’m at my wits end.

Everyman, I’m still rocking my 05 Legacy GT that I bought new. Still love it and the brand.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm sorry this hasn't gone well for you. I've personally had fantastic support from my dealership over 2 cars and 15+ years, but not all dealerships are great of course. I hope ICA takes care of you, because it is a great car and brand.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m already only speaking directly with the service manager after the first time they had the car for 8 days and the SA communicated with me like maybe only 2 times during that period. I already have ICA involved as well. I’m at my wits end.

Everyman, I’m still rocking my 05 Legacy GT that I bought new. Still love it and the brand.
Keep pressing them, don't feel guilty for asking for daily updates IMO. I'd be calling daily even though that's a huge pain in the rear for you.

And very nice on the Legacy! Those are cool cars, I really like Subaru's, my wife refuses to get rid of her Forester lease so she's buying it! I would have kept my WRX forever but I was deep down the rabbit hole and it was turning from daily driver to project car, long story for another day, but it ran near flawless for me.

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,438 Posts
Dropped off the car this morning. The plot thickens. The service manager there is no longer the service manager.
What does that tell you...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
18 RS Q50 RWD
23 Posts
I became suspicious with the car still making good power and no oil showing in the turbos or on feed lines (endoscope). So as a test I simply removed the air duct shroud. two hard pulls so far and no whistle. Something you may want to try if you’re otherwise symptomless

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Dropped off the car this morning. The plot thickens. The service manager there is no longer the service manager.
Wait, he didn't become the finance manager, did he?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,438 Posts
Wait, he didn't become the finance manager, did he?
It's the line of progression at a dealership. First, you learn to screw customers after they buy a car and then you move up to screwing customers when they buy a car.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It's the line of progression at a dealership. First, you learn to screw customers after they buy a car and then you move up to screwing customers when they buy a car.
Very linear and predictable progression.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Q50 RS
9 Posts
ICA finally called me (the dealer still has not). They told me that a technician is "looking at it" and that they've fixed the bumper. I poked and prodded about it and was told that they "still have not been able to find any leaks". There is clearly a leak somewhere. I did not take coolant out of the vehicle. It REEKS of burning coolant when you open the hood. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to further pursue this? I am tired of non-use of my vehicle and feel that at this point, if they cannot fix the vehicle that they need to provide me a new one or buyback this one. Do I need to get a lawyer involved?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Lawyer up if you don't get any satisfaction. Just be prepared for a long road.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Q50 RS
9 Posts
Yes, I have a loaner. They called me this afternoon and said the car is ready for pickup. they claimed there was an “air bubble” in the line and that’s why it appeared as if it was leaking coolant. When I asked why the engine compartment smelled like burning coolant still, they said they didn’t know. I also asked how an air bubble can displace the entire refill bottle and they didn’t know the answer to that. They insist it’s not leaking coolant anymore. I told them that if I picked it up and drove off and it was still leaking coolant that I would be really pissed. He said, “well i can’t guarantee.....”. This place is a three ring circus. picking up tomorrow and can’t wait to see how much that jug goes down after I drive off the lot.

421 - 440 of 457 Posts