Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
Just like the Consolidated 3.0T turbo replacement thread, this is a thread to compile a list of engine block replacements.
Please list:
  • Year
  • Mileage when replaced
  • Symptoms
  • Water pump also? Y/N
  • Mods
-------------------------------------------------
@Batell
'17 Q50S
49,200 miles
Continual coolant loss, high temps w/fans turning on
Water Pump replacement as well
JB4, AMS CAI, FI 2.5in CBE, AMS 3in LDP
------------------------------------------------
@[email protected]
2017
44k miles
Multiple Internal Component Failures
BOOM - A Cautionary Tale
BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires, WMI w/ PM8’s EcuTek Remote Tune (Seb @ Specialty Z) Pure Stage 2 Turbos Z1 PU Motor Mounts AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump, HPFP (RA338) & LPFP, Flex Fuel Kit v2, CAI, Catted FDP (Pending) Traction Concepts LSD Kit Mishimoto OCC Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5” CBE
-------------------------------------------------
@Tres3
2016 Premium / Luxe
23k miles
Multiple Internal Component Failures
Bone stock
--------------------------------------------------
@Long Block
2018 Q50 Red Sport
20,000 miles
Coolant weeping through block. No other signs of defect.
Water pump not replaced
No Mods
-------------------------------------------------
@lake985
2018 Red Sport
26K miles
Dealer replaced long block under warranty, citing a main bearing failure. No signs of a coolant leak. Turbos were deemed to be in good condition at the time. Low knocking sound one morning when backing out of the driveway. By the afternoon, the engine had seized on the highway.
No, water pump was not replaced.
LDPs and JB4. Stock boost levels 90% of the time. Other 10%, runs Avedis53's map 6 profile w/tapered boost above 5k rpms.
-------------------------------------------------
@faith_decide_hope (Instagram)
2018 Q60RS
15k miles
Car was chugging coolant, no signs of leak. Coolant mixed with oil. Car felt sluggish and like something was wrong
No water pump
Stock
-------------------------------------------------
@kevinq50_ (Instagram)
30k miles
Whole motor and turbo due to belt snapping and pieces ended up in engine. No coolant issues.
Full tune through racebox
-------------------------------------------------
@Sam Perry
2017 q60s
49k miles
Continual coolant loss, no visible signs of leak, overheating and heat not working.
Water pump not replaced
No mods
-------------------------------------------------
@Jacek sky
2018 q60s
40k
Symptoms - Continual coolant loss, no visible signs of leak, overheating and heat very high works
Water pump not replaced only błock engine
No mods
-------------------------------------------------
@_jgonzi (Instagram)
2018 Q50
Once at 35k and second at 50k (miles)
Lots of white smoke out of the exhaust, car felt weak during WOT
No water pump
First one after tune, second motor seized, no oil
 

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'll begin with mine.
'17 Q50S
49,200 miles
Continual coolant loss, high temps w/fans turning on
Water pump also replaced
JB4, AMS CAI, FI 2.5in CBE, AMS 3in LDP
 
  • Like
Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
Joined
·
12,305 Posts
Stickied.
 

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
Joined
·
498 Posts
2017
44k
Multiple Internal Component Failures
BOOM - A Cautionary Tale
BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires, WMI w/ PM8’s EcuTek Remote Tune (Seb @ Specialty Z) Pure Stage 2 Turbos Z1 PU Motor Mounts AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump, HPFP (RA338) & LPFP, Flex Fuel Kit v2, CAI, Catted FDP (Pending) Traction Concepts LSD Kit Mishimoto OCC Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5” CBE
 
  • Like
Reactions: Batell

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2017
44k
Multiple Internal Component Failures
BOOM - A Cautionary Tale
BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires, WMI w/ PM8’s EcuTek Remote Tune (Seb @ Specialty Z) Pure Stage 2 Turbos Z1 PU Motor Mounts AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump, HPFP (RA338) & LPFP, Flex Fuel Kit v2, CAI, Catted FDP (Pending) Traction Concepts LSD Kit Mishimoto OCC Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5” CBE
Added
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
2016 - bone stock Premium / Luxe
23k
Multiple Internal Component Failures
CPO, thank God.
 

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2016 - bone stock Premium / Luxe
23k
Multiple Internal Component Failures
CPO, thank God.
Added, mine was CPO as well so I retained my warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
2018
Q50 Red Sport
20,000 miles
Coolant weeping through block. No other signs of defect.
Water pump not replaced
No Mods
 

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
  • Year - 2018 Red Sport
  • Mileage when replaced - 26K. Dealer replaced long block under warranty, citing a main bearing failure. No signs of a coolant leak. Turbos were deemed to be in good condition at the time.
  • Symptoms - low knocking sound one morning when backing out of the driveway. By the afternoon, the engine had seized on the highway.
  • Water pump also? No, water pump was not replaced.
  • Mods - I have LDPs and JB4. Stock boost levels 90% of the time. The other 10%, I run Avedis53's map 6 profile with tapered boost above 5k rpms.
 

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
Joined
·
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
  • Year - 2018 Red Sport
  • Mileage when replaced - 26K. Dealer replaced long block under warranty, citing a main bearing failure. No signs of a coolant leak. Turbos were deemed to be in good condition at the time.
  • Symptoms - low knocking sound one morning when backing out of the driveway. By the afternoon, the engine had seized on the highway.
  • Water pump also? No, water pump was not replaced.
  • Mods - I have LDPs and JB4. Stock boost levels 90% of the time. The other 10%, I run Avedis53's map 6 profile with tapered boost above 5k rpms.
Added
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
• Year - 2017 q60s
• Mileage - 49k
• Symptoms - Continual coolant loss, no visible signs of leak, overheating and heat not working.
• Water pump not replaced
• No mods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
• Year - 2018 q60s
• Mileage - 40k
• Symptoms - Continual coolant loss, no visible signs of leak, overheating and heat very high works
• Water pump not replaced only błock engine
• No mods
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top