Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
It would be useful if people also included the build date of their car and that can help to potentially identify a batch of engines based on months rather than by year alone.

The Northstar engines had this problem a long time ago but remedied in 2000 by utilizing squeeze casting for their blocks.
Is there a way to identify build date and location??

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Update infiniti said my oil test was clean which the dealer physically seen coolant and metal in the oil pan!

They are going to pressure test the car when it heats up to full temp to see if it's going into a cylinder.

Dealer still think they need to replace the engine so they jumpi g through hoops for me

Attachments

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Update infiniti said my oil test was clean which the dealer physically seen coolant and metal in the oil pan!
Wow... that Copper is high, and Aluminum and Iron are higher than average.

Here's my Q's UOAs for comparison:

Your engine needs to be replaced. Otherwise, with the Copper as high as it is, which is plain bearing material, I see rod knock in your future.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow... that Copper is high, and Aluminum and Iron are higher than average.

Here's my Q's UOAs for comparison:
View attachment 101519
Your engine needs to be replaced. Otherwise, with the Copper as high as it is, which is plain bearing material, I see rod knock in your future.
According to infinti nothing is wrong. I argued about the bearing metal. They claim its normal.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
539 Posts
Keep the OCI low (3k’ish) and do Blackstone oil analysis reports to show any patterns up/down to help calm nerves / raise alarm bells.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So infiniti claims there's a turbo seal that's bad? They want to change the driver side turbo and they say that can leak coolant into the exhaust. Does coolant run through the turbos??? Anyone have a diagram they could find and share?

Also it was my engine coolant that is the is going somewhere not the heat exchanger.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
So infiniti claims there's a turbo seal that's bad? They want to change the driver side turbo and they say that can leak coolant into the exhaust. Does coolant run through the turbos??? Anyone have a diagram they could find and share?

Also it was my engine coolant that is the is going somewhere not the heat exchanger.
I'm guessing you have an air-cooled engine oil cooler since you have a Luxe.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought only the sport versions had the air cooled.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm guessing you have an air-cooled engine oil cooler since you have a Luxe.

View attachment 101550
Man thanks so much!! You're awesome! I have been searching the internet for hours! So apparently the HE tank just cools intake air?

I have alot to learn about this engine. Not a clue about the oil cooler. I haven't touched the car since I have had only about two months so far.

Dealer is still advocating for new engine.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
I thought only the sport versions had the air cooled.
He has a 2019 Q60. It's my understanding that all trims of the 2019 Q60 have air-cooled oil coolers, including the Luxe.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts