Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 vs Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe | Obsidian Black
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to pull the trigger this weekend on new set of tires. I have narrowed down to these 2 options to replace OEM Dunflops Runflat. Even though I live in California and don't have snow or a lot of rain; Comfortability of All Season tires can be really nice for our cars instead of Max Performance Summer Tires since I don't track my car.

The price difference between these 2 set is only $100 for all 4 tires.

I have neither used Continental or Michelin before so I really want to see what you guys think between these top 2 UHP All season tires

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
In my experience all-season tires tend to last longer than dedicated max performance summers and it never hurts to have a tire that can handle random weather
if your on a road trip so they are what I normally recommend.

Both are great tires but I've only driven on the Conti's by the numbers however the Pilot sport All seasons 4 are a bit better overall
and the quality control from Michelin is excellent.

So if its only $100 probably the Michelins.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just made this decision and went with the Continentals since my installer had a $200 price difference. I will only run these during winter and then it is back to my summer setup so any marginal performance difference is not important to me. Some sites (maybe Tirerack) had the Continentals slightly higher than the Michelins and others had the Michelins higher.

For year-round use and only a $100 difference, I would go with the Michelins personally.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
For that small of a price difference, Michelins

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have continentals but will probably try the Michelin’s next tires.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
You will never go wrong with either of them.

But if I were to buy an A/S again, I'd still go with Michelin because:
  • Michelin is the easiest to work with in terms of warranty (not that you need it but just in case)
  • The A/S 4s require the least amount of weights among the tires I've had. This would also depend on the wheel and I figure many wouldn't care. But I do care since any visible weights on my current wheels is an eyesore.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will never go wrong with either of them.

But if I were to buy an A/S again, I'd still go with Michelin because:
  • Michelin is the easiest to work with in terms of warranty (not that you need it but just in case)
  • The A/S 4s require the least amount of weights among the tires I've had. This would also depend on the wheel and I figure many wouldn't care. But I do care since any visible weights on my current wheels is an eyesore.
What do you mean by weights? I have Q60 wheels currently on Dunflop OEM
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts

Good review comparing the DWS06+ and the PS A/S 4 (and few others).
Look for the tables comparing the tires at the end of each part.

Based on this review and some others the PS A/S 4 is better in dry while DWS06+ better for wet.
I live in south California and picked the PS A/S 4 a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Good review comparing the DWS06+ and the PS A/S 4 (and few others).
Look for the tables comparing the tires at the end of each part.

Based on this review and some others the PS A/S 4 is better in dry while DWS06+ better for wet.
I live in south California and picked the PS A/S 4 a couple of weeks ago.
How is the road noise, and ride quality?

·
Registered
13 Posts
How is the road noise, and ride quality?
The ride quality and grip are noticeably better than the OEM tires.
For noise, didn't pay much attention to it so I would say the same or better than OEM (OEM tires didn't bother me too).
Cant tell how they compare to the DWS06+.

Reactions: Anthony_Jackson787

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ride quality and grip are noticeably better than the OEM tires.
For noise, didn't pay much attention to it so I would say the same or better than OEM (OEM tires didn't bother me too).
Cant tell how they compare to the DWS06+.
Thanks!

Reactions: Jessie

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
or...option 3.

michelin as3+.

I am also in cakifornia. good in the wet and have decent grip.

they have a nice fat rim guard as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
or...option 3.

michelin as3+.

I am also in cakifornia. good in the wet and have decent grip.

they have a nice fat rim guard as well.
My local tire shops don't offer AS3+ anymore and they replaced it with AS4

·
Registered
203 Posts
What do you mean by weights? I have Q60 wheels currently on Dunflop OEM View attachment 105634
The weights he’s referring to are the little squares they stick on the inside rim of the wheel for balancing purposes. I agree they are an eyesore especially if you have leftover sticky stuff from old weights on your wheels. And if your wheel face is open like mine

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Tirerack ranks the DWS 06 Plus #1 in the A/S UHP category. Michelin wasnt even in the top 3. But in terms of myself, I went with the DWS06 Plus because in Canada, there are no AS4 to be found. The DWS06 Plus were readily availible. Supply chain issues. But oddly theres still tons of stock on the A/S 3+ which is discontinued.

But honestly, either option are going to be great and 100% upgrade and better than the stock Dumflops. Even my winter tires Toyo Garit KX when I winter drove my Q felt 10 times better road feel than the Dumflops

**Edit, looks like DWS06+ is now #2 on the Tirerack rankings. #3 is Mich AS4 and #1 is Vredestin tires. The margin between Mic/Conti is so close.

Since you live in California where there is no risk of snow, go with the Michelin. The Conti's are a bit better in snow weather
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
215 Posts
Both are phenomenal tires, the Conti's tend to rate a touch better for wet/snow, the Michelins a tad better in dry. They are probably close enough that you won't notice a difference.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tirerack ranks the DWS 06 Plus #1 in the A/S UHP category. Michelin wasnt even in the top 3. But in terms of myself, I went with the DWS06 Plus because in Canada, there are no AS4 to be found. The DWS06 Plus were readily availible. Supply chain issues. But oddly theres still tons of stock on the A/S 3+ which is discontinued.

But honestly, either option are going to be great and 100% upgrade and better than the stock Dumflops. Even my winter tires Toyo Garit KX when I winter drove my Q felt 10 times better road feel than the Dumflops

**Edit, looks like DWS06+ is now #2 on the Tirerack rankings. #3 is Mich AS4 and #1 is Vredestin tires. The margin between Mic/Conti is so close.

Since you live in California where there is no risk of snow, go with the Michelin. The Conti's are a bit better in snow weather View attachment 105639
Wow these 2 are neck in neck, comfort slightly favors Conti and dry performance favors Michelin. How is the comfort and noise on your Conti compare to Dunflops?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wow these 2 are neck in neck, comfort slightly favors Conti and dry performance favors Michelin. How is the comfort and noise on your Conti compare to Dunflops?
Mine aren't installed yet. Waiting on spring to install my new to me RS wheels with them BUT I did swap the Dumflops out, and installed some ContiProContact Non-RFT tires on and I dont notice the Contis being noiser. Comfort is definately there tho, car doesn't wander as much as the Dumflops and drives alot better road feel and feedback wise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Mine aren't installed yet. Waiting on spring to install my new to me RS wheels with them BUT I did swap the Dumflops out, and installed some ContiProContact Non-RFT tires on and I dont notice the Contis being noiser. Comfort is definately there tho, car doesn't wander as much as the Dumflops and drives alot better road feel and feedback wise.
I do notice car wanders around through bumps and uneven road with Dunflops run flat

Reactions: SkylineDreamz
1 - 20 of 44 Posts