·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
The front fascia still looks like the open mouth of a baleen whale.

Reactions: MikeD1 and Batell

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
351 Posts
The front fascia still looks like the open mouth of a baleen whale.
The rear isn't that great either. Screams "AVALON" to me

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tough crowd. I actually looked at one in person and it's a beautiful car IMPO. I also think the Q I own is a beautiful car as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say;) When the IS500 hits dealerships, I will certainly take a much closer look.

Reactions: JaySRR

·
Registered
116 Posts
But to me Infiniti seemed to have droped the ball with hybrid power train because if they had kept the hybrid system like they had it on the Q50 but now dropped in the VR30DDTT in there, it would have been hell of a beast of a car. Especially helping with the Turbo lag as well. They were going to release the Infiniti Q60 Black S edition where the car had a hybrid power train with 563HP. I just feel like Nissan and Infiniti just doesnt have much trust on the market to release the cars when they were intially tagging the Q50S Hybrid to be their flagship Sporty Sedan but didnt sell enough. I will say that car was ahead of its time and still to this day there is no equal in they hybrid segment for the Q50S Hybrid. But also its Infiniti fault as well for not even marketing the car properly and reaching out to the enthusists out there who would buy these cars. Infiniti is miles ahead in its projects for performance cars but just doesnt release them and we end up with nothing to look forward to.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think part of the problem with Nissan/Infiniti is that they are struggling and hurting for cash and limited in what they can invest in and bring to market.

Reactions: MikeD1 and Londorh

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think part of the problem with Nissan/Infiniti is that they are struggling and hurting for cash and limited in what they can invest in and bring to market.
I agree with this. I think that because they're hurting for cash we don't get any of the cool things they show us or if we do it's a watered-down version. I have no idea what the future holds for the Q50 while I see the competition continue to move forward. As an owner, I honestly don't know what they are going to do with the Q50 if anything. Once I'm done with my Q I'll probably be done with Infiniti altogether unless they really bring out something completely new and fresh.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with this. I think that because they're hurting for cash we don't get any of the cool things they show us or if we do it's a watered-down version. I have no idea what the future holds for the Q50 while I see the competition continue to move forward. As an owner, I honestly don't know what they are going to do with the Q50 if anything. Once I'm done with my Q I'll probably be done with Infiniti altogether unless they really bring out something completely new and fresh.
Exactly how I feel as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Exactly how I feel as well.
It's unfortunate because I've been under the nissan umbrella my entire life. I'm fairly young being 26 years old and I've had a 97 maxima se (5sp manual), 03 maxima se, 12 G37X, and now my Q50. I like Infiniti/nissan but the Infiniti brand has fallen behind in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I'm on my second Q and the wife bought a 2020 Altima VC Turbo Platinum blah blah blah... it had a bunch of badges on the back lol. But I think i'm done with Nissan/Infiniti after these.

I think I may look into the Audi RS7 which i've always loved or maybe the new Cadillac CT5-V but I sure won't be paying 60-70k for a small-sh Lexus IS

Reactions: securityguy

·
Registered
352 Posts
My Q60 is my first Infiniti or Nissan. It certainly has a lot of short-comings compared to the competition, but you can easily get one for half the price of the competition. I love the value of Infiniti--decent quality, decently fast, decent price tag.

I nearly bought a few different Lexus sedans before I got the Q, but I struggled with how little power they have at such a high price point. You can find a decently fast Lexus F Sport; however, it will be twice as much as I paid for my Q. I simply could not justify it. (I bloody hated the Cadillac I test drove--the older coupe around 2013--the interior felt and looked cheaper than a 92 Ford Temp; it completely killed Cadillac for me.)

I hate BMW. (I like driving M3s and modded 335s; however, I hate BMW as a company and refuse to be an owner of another one of their vehicles.)

Audi, I rarely like their styling. Their sedans and the aftermarket can kick ass, but I don't want an ordinary, boring sedan. I was tempted by a few S5s and RS5s; however, much like Lexus, they were too much money to justify for what I would have gotten.

Mercedes ... holy price tags batman just to get something decent--Lexus on steroids. I have been tempted a few times by their sedans (not butt ugly like Audi), but I have not yet pulled the trigger.

When I get around to my next vehicle purchase, it will be based on the best value (price to performance-power-quality) I can find at that time, just like I always have.

Reactions: sigedition3.0T

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm on my second Q and the wife bought a 2020 Altima VC Turbo Platinum blah blah blah... it had a bunch of badges on the back lol. But I think i'm done with Nissan/Infiniti after these.

I think I may look into the Audi RS7 which i've always loved or maybe the new Cadillac CT5-V but I sure won't be paying 60-70k for a small-sh Lexus IS
I'll wait to see how the numbers fall, but you won't be paying $60-$70K for an RS7 either;)

Reactions: gSwift

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I'll wait to see how the numbers fall, but you won't be paying $60-$70K for an RS7 either;)
I'm okay paying over 60-70k for the RS7, its more of a full-size car. That IS's are tiny.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm okay paying over 60-70k for the RS7, its more of a full-size car. That IS's are tiny.
The new IS is the same size as my 2019 Q50 RS...so it all depends on your definition of tiny.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
The new IS is the same size as my 2019 Q50 RS...so it all depends on your definition of tiny.
Lol, true... I do consider this car pretty small too though. But its just my DD so I don't have to daily drive my Z06, and it serves that purpose pretty well.

I tried to daily the Z06 for about a month.... No thanks! lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
Skimmed article quickly, so it may have mentioned something...The IS-F used to have a 5.0 V8, so guess this "new" one is just an F-Sport with an optional V8 rather than retaining the unique trim-model?

Doesn't matter, it doesn't do anything for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Every person I have known with an Audi say it was the most unreliable car they have ever owned. My neighbor has a TT and that thing comes home on a tow truck more than they drive it home. I was looking at an IS-F before I got my Q50RS. I looked at the ATS-V too. But no other car had over 400hp and got more than 20mpg for less than $50k like the Q.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Every person I have known with an Audi say it was the most unreliable car they have ever owned. My neighbor has a TT and that thing comes home on a tow truck more than they drive it home. I was looking at an IS-F before I got my Q50RS. I looked at the ATS-V too. But no other car had over 400hp and got more than 20mpg for less than $50k like the Q.
When you're like me and don't keep anything long enough for the warranty to run out, the unreliability is a non-issue. lol But I agree that most of the german cars probably aren't super reliable, so i'd definitely make sure those had a warranty.

But from reading everything on this forum, one could say that the Q50 and the 3.0 motor and turbos aren't very reliable either. I'd hate to have to replace the motor and or turbos on this car out of warranty. :oops:

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I have to disagree with you here on the AUDI. The newer Audi models are very reliable, especially the A4. I can't speak to the TT, and you didn't state what year it was built, but several Audi models are not like you described. Look at just about any manufacturer and you will find reliability issues. As @gSwift stated above, if you want to talk about reliability issues, just look under your hood. I bought my loaded to the max 2019 Q50 RS Certified. Had 811 miles on her. MSRP was over $62K, I paid about $42K. We have had it for a year and a half and it now has about 16K miles on her without any issues. I bought a heavily discounted 7 year/100K Infiniti Elite Protection Plan too as my wife is hoping to keep it at least 5 years (if I let her). Dealers around town are now willing to give me over $36K in trade for just about anything we like so very happy I didn't take the depreciation on this car. We'll, most likely, keep it until either the 2022 or 2023 model year and see what's available at that time. I can guarantee you that it will not be another Nissan product although my wife is enjoying her RS.

Reactions: gSwift
1 - 20 of 34 Posts