884 Posts
Lexus is so anti-turbo its disheartening

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Lexus is so anti-turbo its disheartening
Maybe it has to do with engine reliability as turbos are not known for being reliable and can cost a ton too replace as many have unfortunately learned.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maybe it has to do with engine reliability as turbos are not known for being reliable and can cost a ton too replace as many have unfortunately learned.
A turbo replacement on a Mercedes down the road with lots of miles costs about $4,000 parts and labor. Once a turbo fails so does your car all together. Theres a reason why Infiniti charges alot more for the extended warranty for Turbo cars as compared to the naturally aspirated engines. After seeing so many turbo fails and engine replacements on this forum, one can only hope that they have a good warranty in place.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It does look pretty nice, V8s are dying.
It's a good pick against a Red Sport Q50, but I think the Q50 has more potential especially the base 3.0 and sport trims.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to disagree with you here on the AUDI. The newer Audi models are very reliable, especially the A4. I can't speak to the TT, and you didn't state what year it was built, but several Audi models are not like you described. Look at just about any manufacturer and you will find reliability issues. As @gSwift stated above, if you want to talk about reliability issues, just look under your hood. I bought my loaded to the max 2019 Q50 RS Certified. Had 811 miles on her. MSRP was over $62K, I paid about $42K. We have had it for a year and a half and it now has about 16K miles on her without any issues. I bought a heavily discounted 7 year/100K Infiniti Elite Protection Plan too as my wife is hoping to keep it at least 5 years (if I let her). Dealers around town are now willing to give me over $36K in trade for just about anything we like so very happy I didn't take the depreciation on this car. We'll, most likely, keep it until either the 2022 or 2023 model year and see what's available at that time. I can guarantee you that it will not be another Nissan product although my wife is enjoying her RS.
Two of the people I talked to were still in their lease. One was a coworker with an A4 and he took his car to the dealer 6 times in 3 months, all for different issues. Another person bought their A4 brand new and by 10k miles it had an oil leak.
I have had my Q 4 yrs and I had two ECM flashes and a dirty parking sensor that caused a check engine light.
Don't get me wrong, I would love an R8. But I prefer to drive my cars to other places besides the dealer. I was seriously considering an S4 or S6 before I bought the Q. But I couldn't find a single previous owner with anything nice to say about them.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Two of the people I talked to were still in their lease. One was a coworker with an A4 and he took his car to the dealer 6 times in 3 months, all for different issues. Another person bought their A4 brand new and by 10k miles it had an oil leak.
I have had my Q 4 yrs and I had two ECM flashes and a dirty parking sensor that caused a check engine light.
Don't get me wrong, I would love an R8. But I prefer to drive my cars to other places besides the dealer. I was seriously considering an S4 or S6 before I bought the Q. But I couldn't find a single previous owner with anything nice to say about them.
Every manufacturer, regardless of make/model, have cars/trucks with issues while the majority do not. I cannot speak for other Audi models, but the A4 has been a fairly bullet-proof car over the last 5 years.

·
Registered
2019 Q50S Signature Edition RWD
67 Posts
I like the V8.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Q60 is my first Infiniti or Nissan. It certainly has a lot of short-comings compared to the competition, but you can easily get one for half the price of the competition. I love the value of Infiniti--decent quality, decently fast, decent price tag.

I nearly bought a few different Lexus sedans before I got the Q, but I struggled with how little power they have at such a high price point. You can find a decently fast Lexus F Sport; however, it will be twice as much as I paid for my Q. I simply could not justify it. (I bloody hated the Cadillac I test drove--the older coupe around 2013--the interior felt and looked cheaper than a 92 Ford Temp; it completely killed Cadillac for me.)

I hate BMW. (I like driving M3s and modded 335s; however, I hate BMW as a company and refuse to be an owner of another one of their vehicles.)

Audi, I rarely like their styling. Their sedans and the aftermarket can kick ass, but I don't want an ordinary, boring sedan. I was tempted by a few S5s and RS5s; however, much like Lexus, they were too much money to justify for what I would have gotten.

Mercedes ... holy price tags batman just to get something decent--Lexus on steroids. I have been tempted a few times by their sedans (not butt ugly like Audi), but I have not yet pulled the trigger.

When I get around to my next vehicle purchase, it will be based on the best value (price to performance-power-quality) I can find at that time, just like I always have.

i have 2017 Q70S and this is my third infinity after EX35 and Q50. I'm a big fan of infinity and I think that Q70 reliability somehow is better than Q50 but all 3 cars are very good. i would buy another infinity but Q50 looks pretty outdated, the rest models switched to 4 cylinders turbo and CVT. I personally don't feel good to drive 4 cylinders with CVT for that kind of money. that is why I bought a Lexus for my wife with normal V6 and normal transmission Within the same price range. I personally like more my infinity ride but Lexus has a little bit softer ride. 4 cylinders and CVT is ok for Altima but for luxury car it is a shame.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,906 Posts
Pssst....it's Infiniti.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 3.7
1 Posts
I drove an Audi A4 for years until some 16 year old ran a stop sign, pulled in front of me, and totaled it. Bought the Q50 as a replacement and I’ve honestly been a little disappointed in the brand as a whole. I have an older model but I even drove the newer models to see if I was missing out on something great and I wasn’t at all impressed. Infiniti gets so close to doing something great but misses the mark with its old design, subpar handling (my girlfriends jeep handles better), and outdated technology.

Driving these cars has left me missing my Audi. Innovator in technology, smoother transmission, well balanced handling, and the same smooth ride in the base model as what you get in the high end.

At this point, I’m just saving up to make my next move.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,906 Posts
Which Jeep? I've had a couple Grand Cherokees and they definitely didn't handle as well as my Q50. Not even close.

Reactions: sigedition3.0T

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
123 Posts
I've driven a handful of rental Jeep Wranglers, Compass and Grand Cherokees... none of them handle better than my Q50 😂 not even close lol wtf kind of **** are you going on about?

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back
296 Posts
"Audi. Innovator in technology, smoother transmission, well balanced handling, and an RIDICULOUSLY high cost of ownership". You have a 2014 Q50, first year of the vehicle, so of course your technology is outdated? by seven years to be exact, but did you know that most technology you find in cars these days Infiniti has had since 2006? You drove a newer model and you were disappointed? I'm guessing you did not drive a RedSport then. The engine in your car will outlast any Audi by a longshot, enjoy spending your life savings on a vehicle that will leave you broke after replacing one sensor, whatever makes you happy. lol all fun and games, Audi does have gorgeous vehicles but I was not wrong about the cost of ownership....

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
"Audi. Innovator in technology, smoother transmission, well balanced handling, and an RIDICULOUSLY high cost of ownership". You have a 2014 Q50, first year of the vehicle, so of course your technology is outdated? by seven years to be exact, but did you know that most technology you find in cars these days Infiniti has had since 2006? .
Aye Nissan/Infiniti may not always be the pioneer of a given technology but they are usually one of the first adopters of said technology, Adaptive cruise control (was a big surprise in my 09 G37)
, Lane departure warning, back up\around-view cameras, pre-collision braking, keyless entry, DAS, rev-match shifting to name but a few.

Heck I thought full disc brakes and aluminum suspension components and struts were common in mid-size cars in the early 2000s because of my 02 Altima.
It wasn't until years later that I found out that having all of those things was pretty uncommon for that era of cars.

Granted this isn't always a good thing as I blame Nissan for the wide-spread adoption of CVT's haha.

Reactions: Q602B
21 - 34 of 34 Posts