Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Went to my dealer to have Infiniti Connection (and Plus) set up. After many retries, the salesman succeeded. We connected in the car, and had directions sent down. Seemed to work well. So I get home and want to show my wife how it can lock/unlock the car. Didn't work.

Any advice?

2) I notice that when my iPhone 5 is in the car, the phone's internal speaker will not work for most apps (only works with Waze).

Any advice?

BTW, an SA I spoke with stated that Apple and Infiniti are having issues working together. That is, legal issues. Seems that Apple is very strict about security and Infiniti is having problems complying with their requirements. No such problems for Androids. (But then, I've never been impressed by Google's concern for security, and privacy.)

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
For #1, does your PIN contain a 0(zero)? I think there have been issues if there was a 0 in the PIN or you can try to change the PIN to something different.

·
Registered
239 Posts
For #2, I also have an Iphone. Once the phone pairs with the car (via Bluetooth), the Iphone speaker output is disabled and instead all speaker outputs are directed thru the car's speakers.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For #1, does your PIN contain a 0(zero)? I think there have been issues if there was a 0 in the PIN or you can try to change the PIN to something different.
Nope, no zeros.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For #2, I also have an Iphone. Once the phone pairs with the car (via Bluetooth), the Iphone speaker output is disabled and instead all speaker outputs are directed thru the car's speakers.
OK, so should key taps, and other sounds, come through the speakers?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.