Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know which lines are considered at tdc? Looks like there’s four. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Dynamic Sunstone. Trunk Strong Arm struts. Red
172 Posts
Anyone know which lines are considered at tdc? Looks like there’s four. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Monofilament line treble hook pulley

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Looking at your photo, it appears you are on TDC.

TDC is at "A". The timing mark is a grooved line without color. "B" and "C" have white paint marks

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
So what’s the other marks for?
I'm not sure and I can't find a reference to them in the service manual. I'm pretty sure someone here knows.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Probably for setting/confirming initial ignition timing...the specs indicate it being 10° ±2° BTDC and looking at that diagram, if accurate, it seems the first mark is ~10 deg from TDC and the second mark is ~2 deg (for max range) beyond that.
I think that's correct.

Reactions: Wheels43

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably for setting/confirming initial ignition timing...the specs indicate it being 10° ±2° BTDC and looking at that diagram, if accurate, it seems the first mark is ~10 deg from TDC and the second mark is ~2 deg (for max range) beyond that.
What should I set it to

·
Registered
389 Posts

Just kidding don't do that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts