Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys hoping you guys can help me out. If im on here is because i have tried everything possible on my end.
I have NO SPARK NO FUEL
i have a 2018 q50 lux
40k miles

mods:
aem intakes
plm heat exchanger
down pipes
admin tune

I bought this car not running for super cheap cranks but no start didnt think it would be something crazy so towed it home.

What i have done:
checked compression aound 180 185 all across test done cold obviously no start
-key fob works unlocks and locks and cranks the car so dont think its security issue
- full scan with snap on scanner i got p0098, p0237, p0235, p0236 did research and dont see how they would cause no start, deleted havent came back
-next i removed coil inserted spark plug grounded it while cranking no spark i did this to all of them. Also havent smelled any few after so many cranks spark plugs arent wet with fuel so I have NO spark and NO fuel. I have Power 12.6v and Ground to ignition coils on all of them this lead me to crank sensor
- made sure crank sensor was working, i have 150 rpm on scanner. Still removed sensor looks good plugged in i have 4.95v with ignition on. I ran it through metal and voltage changes I did this back probing pcm so i know sensor signal is making it to the pcm also did continuity and all to rule out sensor.
-i then tested the signal wires from ignition coils to pcm while cranking and there is no signal to fire up the coils i assume its the same with the injectors. I check for continuity on all signal wires and all checked out good
-on the scanner i cant see camshaft sensors but i remember reading on there intake and exhaust vvt or something i was getting -10 degress and opposite on the other while cranking. The car is at a friends ill scan again to verify. I checked that and remove cam sensors to check cams where moving had a friend say to check timing chain aint broke there moving alright lol.
-I havent tested cam sensors but thats coming up next.
ive also done a voltage drop test on grounds and power supply cables all came out good. checked power from ipdm ecm relay to pcm have battery voltage

Ive done research online and would test, came across something else and i would test again. So far i suspect the pcm but dont feel like i have done everything to pull the trigger on it. Its very difficult without wiring diagrams i got some of identifix and pin out numbers are incorrect colors are correct so just to find one wire takes forever.

ive never done a post on a forum so forgive me if im all over the place just sharing as much information as possible anything will help thanks

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,706 Posts
Salvage title?

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Clean title
Do you know anything about the history of the car? I was curious if it had been flooded or anything like that.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Did you check the fuel pumps? Can/have you reached out to the tuner? I’d probably try to flash back to stock tune if you can and try again. Then check the fuel pumps.

Reactions: aakmoe

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Hmmm seems suspicious a 2018 should still be under warranty at 40KM, I'm thinking the previous owner did something reaaaaally dumb and is maybe trying to hide exactly what happened.

All the codes you listed (while they shouldn't prevent the car from cranking/turning over) are all electrical turbo sensor related.... And while they haven't come back after clearing if the engine won't start they won't have anything to report so maybe a bit pre-mature to say they won't come back.

That said with the electric codes popping up it me think something happened to the electrical or wiring harness. When you put the car in accessory mode (just press the start button without putting your foot on the brake) did you hear the fuel pump engage? Should hear a slight wine from the rear seats if it kicks on.

Beyond that that I'd check the Fuses and Relays, specifically for the fuel pump and Ignition and go from there.

Reactions: SonicVR

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Sounds suspicious to me that someone decides to sell a car cheap because one day all of a sudden it doesn't start.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD
163 Posts
Have you checked the IPDM? I know there's a fuse for the fuel pump in the IPDM. When I was checking my IPDM, and having issues, it caused a lot of electrical problems for me. I would also verify that none of the relays are bad. There's the 3 main fuse boxes: driver side, and two passenger side near battery, but there is also another one hidden towards the wheel well of the driver side it holds one blue relay. Not sure if that'll help, but worth you knowing. Best of luck

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
758 Posts
Sounds like ecu to me if you aren't getting fuel or spark. I'd check fuses and then trace power going in to ecu and then power coming out to each sensor. Crank sensor and ignition are where I'd start 1st most likely.

Reactions: jcb

·
Registered
500 Posts
previous owner stated it just woudnt start the next morning thats about it
Personally, if I wake up and my car doesn't start and I'm in warranty (40k miles is) the cars getting sent to Infiniti on a tow truck for them to deal with, not selling it. I think you may have been slightly swindled on what happened, and the owner knows his warranty will be denied and he can't afford to fix what he broke.
How much did you pay if you don't mind?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts