Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Badboy and Bas...are you possibly hearing tire noise? When my Q is cold and in the garage it also squeaks at first wheel crank but that's the tires on the sealed concrete floor, not the steering wheel itself.
I considered that. It possibly could be, but I don't think so. It sounds like it's coming from the steering column, almost like rubber is rubbing against more rubber. It never terribly bothered because, as mentioned, it goes away after the first turn. I'll pay a bit closer attention in the future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All
i have the 2016 Q50 RS400 with DAS.
i have the same issue with the steering wheel. This TSB ITB15-001a only applies to 14-15 models.
Has anyone from 2016 and onwards experienced this issue and has the dealership fixed it?

I have an appointment with them tomorrow. Trying to get more info before heading to them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Digging up an old thread again here, but... I've got he creak.

@Faisid, did you find the TSB that covers the 2016? I've got about 900 miles left on my warranty (or I may have passed it based off age) and would like to have it looked at.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
459 Posts
Here are some possibilities of that creaking noise – maybe it helps...

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Funny, I was just telling Boxy about this on my '16 (non-DAS). I'll bring in the car after this on-going health crisis. My warranty is good until Aug.

The creaking noise is barely heard when the engine is running but it's very noticeable if the engine is off and/or you lift the front end up and turned the steering wheel - either left or right. So far I haven't noticed or feel anything that's mechanically loose. Car still drives straight/stable, it's just the annoying noise and the dreaded feeling of something might break eventually and cost $$$ to replace.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here are some possibilities of that creaking noise – maybe it helps...
Thanks, but nothing is wrong mechanically. It’s just the annoying creak that others have described since late 2014.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyone know what is on page 2 of the TB for the fix?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts