Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has informed me that Welcome lighting can't be ordered unless I add interior ambient lighting. Anyone else run into this? Also, I didn't see Mud flaps available on Infiniti's website. Is this a dealer only add on and if so how much??

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I just had the welcome lighting installed on my Q50S by my dealership and I don't have the interior ambient lighting in mine. Don't think there's a dependency on the two. As for the splash guards you should be able to get them when you order the car as well. I had my dealer install mine (just the rear) not to long ago.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
My dealer has informed me that Welcome lighting can't be ordered unless I add interior ambient lighting. Anyone else run into this? Also, I didn't see Mud flaps available on Infiniti's website. Is this a dealer only add on and if so how much??
Unless this is true now, it wasn't true before. I was given the option of ordering Welcome lighting and Ambient lighting together or alone. Didn't order either, but now wish I had gone with the Welcome lighting. Splash guards can also be ordered, but they are installed at the port. If you don't order them they can be installed by the dealer later.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
It isn't unusual that Infiniti mandates one option if another is chosen. If they're telling you that, it is probably true. Might be different next month. You can also ask them to try to use CTP to remove it the month after they place the order (no guarantees this will work, but they can try).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isn't unusual that Infiniti mandates one option if another is chosen. If they're telling you that, it is probably true. Might be different next month. You can also ask them to try to use CTP to remove it the month after they place the order (no guarantees this will work, but they can try).
Worth a shot, thanks Sinecure! I want my car ASAP so I really don't want to wait another month to place order. I am already being told it will be 90+ days.

Do you know how much the Mud flaps installed are? I was quoted $358.10 for Welcome lighting.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha. Yes, thank you! Mud flaps are something completely different lol

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Welcome lighting have no connection with other options. There are certain options e.g. welcome lighting, illuminated kick plates, splash guards, spoiler and moonlight grill are better fit & finish if installed at the factory. Other options are lot simpler to add on.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Dumb question, but what is welcome lighting and what is ambient lighting?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks !

The welcome lighting works in proximity or just when pressing the FOB? This feature I do miss from my M. Also for the ambient, does it stay lit while driving?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Originally Posted by equetefue
Thanks !

The welcome lighting works in proximity or just when pressing the FOB? This feature I do miss from my M. Also for the ambient, does it stay lit while driving?

Welcome lights come on when you press fob to open the car or when you put your hand in the handle (with fob in possession). The Ambient lights stay on while your head lights are on & stay lit while driving.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Welcome lighting comes on when you press the key fob.

Ambient stays on all the time.

Order date to arrival can vary a bit. I tell customers 90-120 days. I don't know about other dealerships, but at ours, we order cars at the beginning of the month. Those cars get built the following month and delivered the month after that - mostly. Any of a number of factors can affect delivery date though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.