Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Finally completed the custom Catback for my vehicle. Overall satisfied with the sound. Minimal to no drone. System sounds way enhanced. 2.5” Megan ldp to Megan y pipe 2.5 inch with 3 inch outlet to y collector 3 inch to to flowmaster single inlet 3 inch and dual outlet 2.5 inch to 2.5 inch piping back to plm axleback. Overall satisfied to get some more flow in the exhaust system. Check out dj mufflers and exhaust especially if you live in md . Right off of Solomon’s island Calvert county md .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks my guy. So pleased to have some more airflow in the exhaust for a relatively good decent price . Already had the downpipes and axleback. Finished off with the Midpipe section for $500. All together only about $800 including labor .
Sounds good!!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Z1 Upper down pipes (if the shop is willing), Megan lower down pipes, vibrant resonators, Evil energy mufflers. All 2.5” and no y pipe. Gonna keep them separate for maximum flow. I’m a little iffy about the evil energy muffler since I’ve never heard of them, but the audio clips sounds good.

Reactions: Jibricb

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With those upper down pipes it should be a aggressive tone. No muffler ?
Z1 Upper down pipes (if the shop is willing), Megan lower down pipes, vibrant resonators, Evil energy mufflers. All 2.5” and no y pipe. Gonna keep them separate for maximum flow. I’m a little iffy about the evil energy muffler since I’ve never heard of them, but the audio clips sounds good.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Technical it’ll have 4 mufflers. The vibrant resonators will be the first muffler to cut drone and rasp then evil energy mufflers out the back should give the tone I want. At least it should lol.

EVIL ENERGY Universal N1 Exhaust Muffler Tip Stainless Steel EVIL ENERGY Universal N1 Exhaust Muffler Tip Stainless Steel

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The setup with the four mufflers should be good and definitely a sound you will like. Let me know how it goes bro once you get the exhaust on. I wanted to add some resonators as well but wanted to see how I would like this set up first .

Technical it’ll have 4 mufflers. The vibrant resonators will be the first muffler to cut drone and rasp then evil energy mufflers out the back should give the tone I want. At least it should lol.

EVIL ENERGY Universal N1 Exhaust Muffler Tip Stainless Steel EVIL ENERGY Universal N1 Exhaust Muffler Tip Stainless Steel

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that’s what the shop said were I got it done at. Still a tad bit drone at lower rpm’s but nothing unbearable . I’ll keep it as such for now until I feel it out more and I feel the need to add some resonators. If i did the shop said they would be added towards the back of the exhaust by the tips. So far liking the sound 🙏🏽.

With your setup, I don’t know that you need them! That flow master being where it is should keep rasp and drone at a minimum, I would think.

·
Registered
2021 Q50RS AWD
50 Posts
I did a custom exhaust a week before my car got rear ended, at 2000 to 2500rpm the whole inside of the car with the drone was horrible. Once it’s back I am changing out the resonators at the rear for some mufflers or something. Cannot deal with alll that droning.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wat did you have done to it ?

I did a custom exhaust a week before my car got rear ended, at 2000 to 2500rpm the whole inside of the car with the drone was horrible. Once it’s back I am changing out the resonators at the rear for some mufflers or something. Cannot deal with alll that droning.

·
Registered
2021 Q50RS AWD
50 Posts
Installed 2.5” collectors back to a magnaflow cross muffler then back to the rear axle with two 10” resonators. Similar to the SCS exhaust, is very smooth sounding at idle and while driving. But when it hits that rpm range the interior of the car just resonates and drone like crazy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah ok gotcha. Yeah I modeled my set up after scs as well. I used a flowmaster muffler with my Midpipe. Little to no drone still. I feel like my exhaust was actually louder when I just had the plm axleback and Megan down pipes only but I will still continue to feel it out . The longer the resonator the better . At least that’s what I gathered from doing some research. Have any clips ?
Installed 2.5” collectors back to a magnaflow cross muffler then back to the rear axle with two 10” resonators. Similar to the SCS exhaust, is very smooth sounding at idle and while driving. But when it hits that rpm range the interior of the car just resonates and drone like crazy.

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,287 Posts
Ah ok gotcha. Yeah I modeled my set up after scs as well. I used a flowmaster muffler with my Midpipe. Little to no drone still. I feel like my exhaust was actually louder when I just had the plm axleback and Megan down pipes only but I will still continue to feel it out . The longer the resonator the better . At least that’s what I gathered from doing some research. Have any clips ?
This was my set up, stock exhaust, with 16" resonators, instead of the OEM muffler, and I going back to it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,287 Posts
How did you like that setup ?
Great sound, for under $300 bucks, when I sold my Red Sport, I sold it for $140, I kicked my self for selling it. I will go and see my friend at the muffler shop, he gets a kick that I show up with a different car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts