Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased czp one piece aluminum drive shaft and installed it, now when driving the car I am getting horrible vibrations and wobbles from the car. I’ve double checked the driveshaft and all bolts are snug. It feels like the whole thing is spinning out of balance. Can anyone help me fix this problem thank you.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I'd be taking it right back to the installers because that drive-shaft is likely not balanced correctly, this is an install issue and the drive-shaft requires very precise installation
I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I also ordered the Inland Empire D/S from CZP, and installed it with the help of my neighbor on my '17 Q60S AWD a few months ago.

No issues with vibration. I have been very happy with the upgrade. Compared to the stock 2-piece D/S, it got rid of the slop in the driveline, and seems to have help with acceleration - I need to make some more 0-60 runs with my Dragy.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe AWD
14 Posts
I also installed the one piece Inland Empire a few months ago and do not have any of the issues you mentioned. I would have the installer check their work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Aluminum 1 pc will usually add more NVH. But what your experiencing may be excessive.
Check for any missing balancing weights or broken welds.
Try rotating it one hole on rear diff.
Possibly you might have just got a faulty product that needs rebalancing, should have been balanced from the factory.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Possibly you might have just got a faulty product that needs rebalancing, should have been balanced from the factory.
Yes, my Inland Empire D/S did show evidence of balancing by existence of weights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts