Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,389 Posts
Is today the day I sell everything and bury the money in the backyard?
Apple closed over $300/share today. A Tesla Roadster is looking tempting...LOL!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made more money today doing nothing than I did working for 9 hours. I shudda called in sick - even with no pay - and stayed home in my PJs and I wudda come out way ahead at the end of the day, lol.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Is today the day I sell everything and bury the money in the backyard?
That would be the safe bet. Spend some of it on seeds and ammo.:unsure:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, here's today's so far! :(

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,389 Posts
How close is the Tesla dealer to you?
There are two Tesla stores in Portland and one is a service center also. They are actually a little closer to me than the Infiniti dealership. Currently, the closest Supercharger station is in Lincoln City which is 25 miles north of me but Newport will be getting a Supercharger station this year. There are closer Supercharger stations currently but they are located at motels that require you be a paying customer to use them.

Supercharger stations are free to Model S buyers. A Model S with the performance package and autopilot options costs $108,500. Tesla claims a gas savings of $5,500-$8,200 over a six-year ownership period based on 10K - 15K miles per year and 21 mpg @ $2.85 for premium gas. I wish I could buy premium for $2.85. It's $3.50 here.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Aye the possible fuel savings is a tempting, especially when you consider future oil and gas prices. Easily accessible shale deposits are very quickly running out
and Canada is going to be finishing their pipeline in a year or so.

That 5-8K in savings could very quickly increase to 8-10K in a few years, but ignoring that point the Model S needs a full re-design before I would ever even consider one. The interiors really aren't that nice and there are a lot of features/improvements on the Model 3 that have yet to be implemented in the Model S.

I'm personally hoping Nissan comes out with a new hybrid Q50 that uses the 3.0TT or heck I'd even be interested in a Leaf Nismo
the concept car they had looked sick.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know about Tesla man. I just have a certain thought about Tesla drivers. Maybe it's just me but I think of them as snobbish and self-righteous. Remember the old joke about Porsche drivers in the 80s/90s? What's the difference between Porsche drivers and porcupines? With porcupines, the pricks are on the outside. I guess I feel today's Tesla is yesteryear's Porsche. Maybe it's something I need to work on.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,389 Posts
Aye the possible fuel savings is a tempting, especially when you consider future oil and gas prices. Easily accessible shale deposits are very quickly running out
and Canada is going to be finishing their pipeline in a year or so.

That 5-8K in savings could very quickly increase to 8-10K in a few years, but ignoring that point the Model S needs a full re-design before I would ever even consider one. The interiors really aren't that nice and there are a lot of features/improvements on the Model 3 that have yet to be implemented in the Model S.

I'm personally hoping Nissan comes out with a new hybrid Q50 that uses the 3.0TT or heck I'd even be interested in a Leaf Nismo
the concept car they had looked sick.
By the time I'm done playing with Q50 and looking at a replacement, I'll be very interested to see what's on the EV market. I'm fairly certain I'm going EV on the next car.

I have mineral rights on some land in Adams County, North Dakota I've inherited. I've been wondering if there is any oil or gas there that will ever be worth anything.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I don't know about Tesla man. I just have a certain thought about Tesla drivers. Maybe it's just me but I think of them as snobbish and self-righteous. Remember the old joke about Porsche drivers in the 80s/90s? What's the difference between Porsche drivers and porcupines? With porcupines, the pricks are on the outside. I guess I feel today's Tesla is yesteryear's Porsche. Maybe it's something I need to work on.
Eh you get that with every brand, doesn't matter if it's Porsche, BMW or even Toyota. The people who own Tesla's just happen to be the ones shouting the loudest at the moment.

By the time I'm done playing with Q50 and looking at a replacement, I'll be very interested to see what's on the EV market. I'm fairly certain I'm going EV on the next car.

I have mineral rights on some land in Adams County, North Dakota I've inherited. I've been wondering if there is any oil or gas there that will ever be worth anything.
Aye I'm thinking much the same, it's why I wired my garage up for a 220 outlet and a 150A panel.... Well that and power tools. Hah

That's neat you inherited that, well if nothing else property value doesn't really ever go down and they may want to build something through
your area like a road or pipeline even if there isn't any of value on the land itself.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,389 Posts
Eh you get that with every brand, doesn't matter if it's Porsche, BMW or even Toyota. The people who own Tesla's just happen to be the ones shouting the loudest at the moment.

Aye I'm thinking much the same, it's why I wired my garage up for a 220 outlet and a 150A panel.... Well that and power tools. Hah

That's neat you inherited that, well if nothing else property value doesn't really ever go down and they may want to build something through
your area like a road or pipeline even if there isn't any of value on the land itself.
The property is only 1/4 of a section (160 acres) and looking at Google Maps, I see unimproved land with no roads. I doubt it's worth much.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
The property is only 1/4 of a section (160 acres) and looking at Google Maps, I see unimproved land with no roads. I doubt it's worth much.
Ah well you never know, maybe a nice spot for a ranch or something.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,389 Posts
1 - 20 of 397 Posts