Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 400 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
120 Posts
Always been a fan of Stephen King - apparently he too likes T.S. Eliot

Anyone else seen a black crow on a tree recently?!?

"This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper." - T.S. Eliot "Hollow Men"

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Oregon's governor just instituted a stay-home order for the entire state like other states have implemented. Unless you are on essential business, buying food or returning home, you can be issued a Class C misdemeanor with up to a 30-day jail sentence and $1,250 fine. We have been seeing many tourists hitting the beach cities in the last several days and some cities are closing down, shuttering all the motels, hotels, parks, parking lots and anything else they can think of to dissuade people from coming to the coast.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Oregon's governor just instituted a stay-home order for the entire state like other states have implemented. Unless you are on essential business, buying food or returning home, you can be issued a Class C misdemeanor with up to a 30-day jail sentence and $1,250 fine. We have been seeing many tourists hitting the beach cities in the last several days and some cities are closing down, shuttering all the motels, hotels, parks, parking lots and anything else they can think of to dissuade people from coming to the coast.
Are the only food options grocery stores or is take-out still an option from restaurants offering it?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Take-out is still an option in my town but several of the restaurants that started doing so have thrown in the towel and closed. There just isn't enough business without tourists to support all the restaurants here. Some are better equipped to offer take-out or delivery than others were and are still trying to make it somehow. We ordered delivered food last night and will try to do so as often as we can to help support those businesses that are still open.

It's getting harder to find Depends in the stores here. It seems they are being hoarded like many other paper products. I had to go to 3 different stores to find the size that fits my mother. I have to knock on the locked front door at the assisted living facility she's in and someone meets me at the door to take the supplies to her. Odd times.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I'm I hearing right, that Mr Trump, wants the U.S. back on it's feet in two weeks.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #366

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I'm I hearing right, that Mr Trump, wants the U.S. back on it's feet in two weeks.
Because it's all about his base... specifically, the Evangelicals:

Trump on why he picked Easter as the day he wants to end strict social distancing and reopen American businesses: "Easter is a very special day for me ... Easter Sunday, and you'll have packed churches all over our country."

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Shelves are still a disaster here too. Not only paper goods, but pasta and dry cereal. People must have gotten tired of carrying bottles water as I see that just about everywhere I go. Acetaminophen is hard to find too.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Some businesses in China are back in full swing...and it will only add to the cases each day.

China, day before yesterday had 39 new cases. Yesterday, they had 78 new cases. I'm keeping count.

Anyone who thinks its safe to mingle has another thing coming.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Sixth Tuesday in a row with a massive escalation in stocks:

Otherwise known as the "Dead Cat Bounce" courtesy of Yahoo Finance...👹 After the bounce, stocks have declined through the rest of the week. Let's see if this pattern holds (or not).

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Some businesses in China are back in full swing...and it will only add to the cases each day.

China, day before yesterday had 39 new cases. Yesterday, they had 78 new cases. I'm keeping count.

Anyone who thinks its safe to mingle has another thing coming.
I'm not scared of the virus, I am scared of the economic destruction it is causing. I'll take the virus over a great recession or depression any day.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I'm not scared of the virus, I am scared of the economic destruction it is causing. I'll take the virus over a great recession or depression any day.
Sorry buddy, I disagree with you, your health should be more important, the market will rebound.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I a
Sixth Tuesday in a row with a massive escalation in stocks:
View attachment 91372
Otherwise known as the "Dead Cat Bounce" courtesy of Yahoo Finance...👹 After the bounce, stocks have declined through the rest of the week. Let's see if this pattern holds (or not).
I am counting on it. I dumped what I could. If I see another negative 2000 in the dow, I may take a nibble.

This is going to be long term. I don't know why people get excited over the government spending 2 trillion dollars of our money.

We always end up holding the bag.

One thing people forget about the bailouts (back in what 2008/2009?) was that there were two sets of $750 Billion. One was set up as a loan and the other was pretty much carte blanche.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #375 (Edited)
Sorry buddy, I disagree with you, your health should be more important, the market will rebound.
We could be looking at a severe recession or depression that will affect millions and millions. Sure health is important, no one is arguing that, but you don't overreact to protect your health. You take reasonable precautions. Not ones that have their own devastation. There's a point of diminishing returns on the efforts we are taking.

There are countless other things that could affect our health and lives but we don't overreact and cripple the economy to avoid them. How many more cases and deaths are there of influenza? But that's not a pandemic because we know it's coming every season (and it does!). 40,000 people die in the U.S. every year from auto related crashes. That's like 110 a day. And most of these are speed related deaths. Not even counting severe injuries, just deaths. We could, as a people, all agree to put speed limiting governors on our cars and make them top out at 40, 50mph, saving possibly 10s of thousands of people from dying every year but do we? Of course not.

I'm all for reasonable efforts. Let's quadruple our efforts to protect those most susceptible like we have been doing in the assisted living homes. But let the rest of the country get back to work.

Anyway, I'd lick a Coronavirus doorknob right now if I could stop the impending economic downturn. ;)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
We could be looking at a severe recession or depression that will affect millions and millions. Sure health is important, no one is arguing that, but you don't overreact to protect your health. You take reasonable precautions. Not ones that have there own devastation. There's a point of diminishing returns on the efforts we are taking.

There are countless other things that could affect our health and lives but we don't overreact and cripple the economy to avoid them. How many more cases and deaths are there of influenza? But that's not a pandemic because we know it's coming every season (and it does!). 40,000 people die in the U.S. every year from auto related crashes. That's like 110 a day. And most of these are speed related deaths. Not even counting severe injuries, just deaths. We could, as a people, all agree to put speed limiting governors on our cars and make them top out at 40, 50mph, saving possibly 10s of thousands of people from dying every year but do we? Of course not.

I'm all for reasonable efforts. Let's quadruple our efforts to protect those most susceptible like we have been doing in the assisted living homes. But let the rest of the country get back to work.

Anyway, I'd lick a Coronavirus doorknob right now if I could stop the impending economic downturn. ;)
I understand what you are saying, accidents are caused by us, Sars was phase one this is phase two, I may not be around when the next one happens. Sorry to say this.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I understand what you are saying, accidents are caused by us, Sars was phase one this is phase two, I may not be around when the next one happens. Sorry to say this.
As I read the obituaries the past few days, I can't help feeling a little envious of these people.

361 - 380 of 400 Posts